Author Topic: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 147742 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #405 on: August 14, 2019, 07:54:48 PM »
I do get a bit of a chuckle over them calling it a new "land".  One ride and one restaurant, without even really having a walkway isn't a new area for me. Unless they are changing the name of the whole Riverfront area.

The Riverfront is now Rivertown.  This includes the already mentioned additions, a newly reimagined (and not announced yet) shopping experience in the former White River Mercantile.  A revamped dining area across the Playhouse with additional smaller counter service options.  New walkways, New lighting, New thematic elements.  But most importantly, this new land has an entrance arch stating that it is Rivertown.

Still needed a quality flat 8)

and would they put it, dear Liza dear Liza?
SWOOSH

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 15, 2019, 08:38:33 AM »
I do get a bit of a chuckle over them calling it a new "land".  One ride and one restaurant, without even really having a walkway isn't a new area for me. Unless they are changing the name of the whole Riverfront area.

The Riverfront is now Rivertown.  This includes the already mentioned additions, a newly reimagined (and not announced yet) shopping experience in the former White River Mercantile.  A revamped dining area across the Playhouse with additional smaller counter service options.  New walkways, New lighting, New thematic elements.  But most importantly, this new land has an entrance arch stating that it is Rivertown.

I figured they were indicating a name change for the entire area. Curious if Riverfront Playhouse has a name change too. (?)

So what are the boundaries of Rivertown? Does this incorporate what use to be known as "Tom Sawyers Landing" where Tom and Huck's River Blast now stands? Curious if Rivertown entrance arch will be when you go under the RR tracks or farther down by Dockside Theatre. With the Riverfront (now Rivertown) area always being a 'thru' area, does this mean there will be another arch placed by the Toy Store?

Also, originally, one plan was to demolish Dockside Theatre and replace it with the new Rivertown Smokehouse, along with re-working the pathways. Obviously these plans have changed...so i assume that Theatre will stay 'as-is' for the foreseeable future.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 15, 2019, 09:48:13 AM »

Still needed a quality flat 8)

and would they put it, dear Liza dear Liza?

Sumwhar, an indoor gravitron themed up to Rube Dugan's steamnpowered mechanical sit and spin

It just needed a flat. 8)

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 15, 2019, 01:15:27 PM »
Call me weird but even as a coaster enthusiast I'm actually more excited to see this finished than I was for Time Traveler.

You're wierd. :o

This doesn't much move my needle. I view it as making American Plunge expendable for a B&M launched dive coaster in that area. Wouldn't that be a world's first 8)

I like your thinking but imo SDC needs at least 3 water rides for the summer season.  Soooo...maybe a WOF Monsoon like plunge could be built along side the Dive coaster....lol

I nice high volume flat ride would be nice in the new area too....would help keep people around the area when cold.  Pick up riders from the overflow of the enevable long waits.  Even better if it was an indoor attraction which SDC could use more of besides shows.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 15, 2019, 01:43:03 PM »
Another new thought - That lift looks a lot higher than Infinity Falls at Sea World.....maybe it isn't.  But it will be interesting to see how the rafts queue up for the lift....or if it will be quick enough that they don't.  The lift really changes how to operate a raft ride.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 15, 2019, 01:57:18 PM »
Another new thought - That lift looks a lot higher than Infinity Falls at Sea World.....maybe it isn't.  But it will be interesting to see how the rafts queue up for the lift....or if it will be quick enough that they don't.  The lift really changes how to operate a raft ride.

There's others who have ridden Infinity Falls at SeaWorld that could tell you first-hand, but the POV videos on Youtube show a small wait between rafts, but nothing that appears too time consuming. So assuming it will operate the same, there may not be much of a queue needed.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 15, 2019, 03:01:34 PM »
Apparantly I have missed in conversation,  What is the Price tag on this ride area?.   With new walkaways, new restaraunt, revamp some of the other buildings....  Just wondering? 

Swoosh?

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #412 on: August 15, 2019, 03:04:51 PM »
30 million.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 05:07:43 PM by sdcfan88 »

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #413 on: August 15, 2019, 04:18:26 PM »
It is interesting that the Riverfront Playhouse was mentioned in the live feed.  I'm glad to hear it will stay - hopefully for a long time.

As for MRF, I'm seeing a giant rock sculpture of a human head somewhere in the concept art that makes this like something other than Ozarkian in nature and more like a generic jungle raft ride.  Otherwise, I think it will make a great replacement for LR.  I never was a great fan of LR (and yes, I really want to revive the Dugan theme).

but I would love to see more of a WoF-style carousel or conveyor-style load on this ride.  They really haven't addressed this as far as I've seen, so I assume there will be a stop and load station.

The change to Rivertown makes me feel a little strange.  I guess it's something like going to China Town, but still being in Los Angeles.  I hope there is some great music chosen for the whole area - and appropriate, themed shows for the stages in the area.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 15, 2019, 04:53:04 PM »
It is interesting that the Riverfront Playhouse was mentioned in the live feed.  I'm glad to hear it will stay - hopefully for a long time.

As for MRF, I'm seeing a giant rock sculpture of a human head somewhere in the concept art that makes this like something other than Ozarkian in nature and more like a generic jungle raft ride.  Otherwise, I think it will make a great replacement for LR.  I never was a great fan of LR (and yes, I really want to revive the Dugan theme).

but I would love to see more of a WoF-style carousel or conveyor-style load on this ride.  They really haven't addressed this as far as I've seen, so I assume there will be a stop and load station.

As for the name change this has happened before and will happen again. It originally called The Deep Woods Section when the diving bell was installed.  Just a change of names AGAIN.

The change to Rivertown makes me feel a little strange.  I guess it's something like going to China Town, but still being in Los Angeles.  I hope there is some great music chosen for the whole area - and appropriate, themed shows for the stages in the area.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #415 on: August 15, 2019, 08:18:59 PM »
I'm trying something to get the 2020 thread to work again.  It doesn't want to work, so I went back to a previous page and replied.  Here is the last thing I added:

Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating