Author Topic: sheriff pin  (Read 3352 times)

JJH

• View Profile
sheriff pin
« on: April 09, 2017, 06:13:38 PM »
Did the sheriff pin alway say Silver Dollar City or SDC?  I am referring to the 1970's or very early 1980's.  I have a few pins that are old but they could have come from anyplace.  Thanks

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
Re: sheriff pin
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 10:32:46 AM »
Ah yes! It was called "Being Deputized." They still did this in the late 1980's- early 90's. I have probably 30 or more in a plastic Tupperware box.  My parents probably have the box at their house, so I can't really answer your question on rather or not it actually said Silver Dollar City on them, my guess would be that they did though.

Those little Deputy pins that the Sheriff would pass out, became an SDC staple for my family as much as the collection of dip-your-own candles from Carries Candles in Midtown.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Konishiki

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 04:47:10 AM »
Your information is very good.

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 05:22:27 PM »
I think the badges sometimes had SDC on them, sometimes not. Honestly, don't know where they bulk purchased the badges, but my guess is it was the cheapest place they could buy them. As a former employee I can tell you it was a daily thing picking up lost badges and throwing them out with the dropped coke cups, sippers, and other trash. Funnel cakes, taffy bags, were common discards.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"