Author Topic: Tennessee Tragedy  (Read 2684 times)

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Tennessee Tragedy
« on: November 29, 2016, 01:51:06 PM »
The media is reporting that the Smoky Mountain wildfires have reached the edge of Dollywood. Not good. And sounds like it may only get worse due to unfavorable weather conditions. Thoughts and prayers going out to all of the people affected.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Tennessee Tragedy
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 01:57:07 PM »
Actually reading now that DW may have been spared thanks to the preventive work of firefighters last night. Hope that's true. Sounds like so many others were not that lucky.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 07:36:44 PM »
Certainly a lot of tragedy there but also a lot of false reports. We had heard this morning that Uber Gatlinburg, Smokies aquarium and several other places were destroyed. That is not the case. Uber Gatlinburg posted on their facebook page they were fine and hosting fire fighters. Prayers for all in the area I know a lot of lives have been affected and possibly some lost. Sounds like rain is supposed to be coming tonight, will keep praying.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 03:52:19 PM »
Dollywood had a few of their cabins damaged and destroyed by the fire, but no damage in the park itself or to the new resort.  I heard they made a fireline outside of the park that came into play, but I have no idea if that's actually true or not. Pigeon Forge outside of some smoke seems to have come through ok.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 12:18:27 AM »
Dollywood Foundation is donating $1,000/month for six months to local families who lost their homes.

http://dollywoodfoundation.org/