Author Topic: What's going on in NWA, 2021  (Read 57009 times)

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in NWA, 2019
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2019, 08:40:07 PM »
I took my first non-business flight out of XNA recently.  Good old Allegent.  Good price and terrible flight experiences have been common with them in my 3-4 flight experiences and out of XNA is no exception.  Had and arguement about a carryon bags and both our flight to Stanford and from where both delayed:(  I ended up regretting saving the few bucks I did by taking the airline....Would have been less hassle to pay a bit more....have better flight time options (had late and early flights) and better service.  Of course remember with these flights...seat selection and bags are upcharges that quickly can make those great prices disappear.

I've got HS friends in Denver and I was excited to see Frontier come.  We have flown them before from Tulsa.  Not much better than Allegant but excited about trying them out.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 29, 2019, 02:05:43 PM »
I took my first non-business flight out of XNA recently.  Good old Allegent.  Good price and terrible flight experiences have been common with them in my 3-4 flight experiences and out of XNA is no exception.  Had and arguement about a carryon bags and both our flight to Stanford and from where both delayed:(  I ended up regretting saving the few bucks I did by taking the airline....Would have been less hassle to pay a bit more....have better flight time options (had late and early flights) and better service.  Of course remember with these flights...seat selection and bags are upcharges that quickly can make those great prices disappear.

I've got HS friends in Denver and I was excited to see Frontier come.  We have flown them before from Tulsa.  Not much better than Allegant but excited about trying them out.

It is wierd, some seem to never have issues with them. Anyhoo, Allegiant is bringing back Nashville starting in Feb, some periods have them flying to Destin near daily. Traddic has boomed and this is BEFORE Frontier started XNA
More great news! June represents another record month for XNA with 91,305 passenger enplanements compared to 78,912 in June of 2018 - a 15% increase. Cumulative passenger enplanements also up 15% from the same period last year (434,232 up from 376,791). We want to thank everyone who has chosen to fly XNA and the continued support from all of our community partners./quote]
SOmeone told me that Southwest backed out due to their issues with the MAX but wouldn't have if they had come to an agreement with the FBO before the issue came up.

Either way, they were on the verge of coming and two events conspired to stop it.

That is all hearsay.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2019, 03:41:25 PM »
Southwest would be amazing!!!!  Maybe could afford a trip to Hawaii for the whole family.

Allegiant cancelled a return trip from Vegas last year about 12 hours before boarding due to mechanical issues.....they offered to pay for another night but we had to get back to pick up a kid from camp.  We ended up renting a car and driving to LAX to catch another flight back that day.  That was through Tulsa.

On the FL trip they charged all my kids for carryon bags ($50 each) that I would have considered personal items in bags that they didn't charge me for on our Vegas trip.....plus.....they were 3 hours behind leaving XNA which put us into the hotel in Orlando at 3am:( 

Took my about 10 tries over 3 days and 3-4 hours worth of waiting on hold before I found anyone to actually pick up the phone for customer support.  I'll at least give the credit for waiving the bags fees cause of the delays and believe it or not....they applied a small credit from the Vegas trip issue.  I had a voucher that they never contacted me about.  All that being said....Its going to be hard to use them again in less it's just me traveling light and my schedule is pretty open.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2019, 10:56:10 PM »
Southwest would be amazing!!!!  Maybe could afford a trip to Hawaii for the whole family.

Allegiant cancelled a return trip from Vegas last year about 12 hours before boarding due to mechanical issues.....they offered to pay for another night but we had to get back to pick up a kid from camp.  We ended up renting a car and driving to LAX to catch another flight back that day.  That was through Tulsa.

On the FL trip they charged all my kids for carryon bags ($50 each) that I would have considered personal items in bags that they didn't charge me for on our Vegas trip.....plus.....they were 3 hours behind leaving XNA which put us into the hotel in Orlando at 3am:( 

Took my about 10 tries over 3 days and 3-4 hours worth of waiting on hold before I found anyone to actually pick up the phone for customer support.  I'll at least give the credit for waiving the bags fees cause of the delays and believe it or not....they applied a small credit from the Vegas trip issue.  I had a voucher that they never contacted me about.  All that being said....Its going to be hard to use them again in less it's just me traveling light and my schedule is pretty open.

We had two very smooth flights on easyJet in Europe. We paid extra for assigned seating and quick boarding that assures your normal sized carry on isn't gate checked  and it had.no.weight limit either. With all of.that, both flights were still under 250 for 4 of us.. Same with Ryanair, we got their priority plus via the website(not availible on app) It got us each a checked bag, one carry on and personal item (8x10x6) Was still only 220.bucks for 4. Their ULLC carriers are superior to ours. You still have to play the game but we had no issues.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2019, 11:31:47 AM »

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in NWA, 2020
« Reply #126 on: January 08, 2020, 10:50:25 PM »
The Momentary is opening soon and I'm all over their Freshgrass event in April with that line up.
https://themomentary.org/

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2020, 04:11:45 PM »
AMP 2020 Schedule (so far)
June 13 – Alanis Morissette / Garbage / Liz Phair
June 17 – Steely Dan / Steve Winwood
June 22 – Journey / Pretenders
June 24 – The Black Crowes
June 28 – Chicago / Rick Springfield
July 29 – Phish
Aug. 8 – Nickelback / Stone Temple Pilots
Aug. 15 – Kids Bop Live
Aug. 18 – Matchbox 20 / The Wallflowers
Aug. 27 – Lady Antebellum / Jake Owen / Maddie and Tae
Sept. 22 – Dave Matthews Band

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2020, 09:12:36 PM »
Updated
June 11 – Kenny Chesney / Michael Franti & Spearhead
July 17 – Rascal Flatts
July 23 – Old Dominion / Dustin Lynch / Carly Pearce
July 29 – Phish
July 31 – Jason Aldean / Brett Young / Michael Tenpenny / Dee Jay Silver
Aug. 9 – Avett Brothers / Tyler Childers
Aug. 15 – Kids Bop Live
Aug. 21 – Chris Young / Scotty McCreery / Payton Smith

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 05, 2020, 08:34:31 PM »
The Momentary made Blooloops top new museums at #5

https://blooloop.com/features/top-new-museums-2020/

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 10, 2020, 01:17:39 PM »
Walmart Amp concert list as of today

AMP 2020 Schedule (so far)
June 11 – Kenny Chesney / Michael Franti & Spearhead
July 14 – Megadeth / Lamb of God / Trivium / In Flames
July 17 – Rascal Flatts
July 23 – Old Dominion / Dustin Lynch / Carly Pearce
July 29 – Phish
July 31 – Jason Aldean / Brett Young / Michael Tenpenny / Dee Jay Silver
Aug. 6 – Sam Hunt / Kip Moore / Travis Denning / Earnest
Aug. 9 – Avett Brothers / Tyler Childers
Aug. 15 – Kids Bop Live
Aug. 21 – Chris Young / Scotty McCreery / Payton Smith
Aug. 23 – Backstreet Boys
Aug. 26 – Disturbed / Staind / Bad Wolves
Sept. 2 – Incubus / 311 / Badflower

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 10, 2020, 01:33:19 PM »

Southwest is in a pickle. They have relied on 737s and have stayed a single  model plane(different variants) operator and they had ALL their eggs in one basket with replacing and growing their fleet with 737 MAX aircraft. They have now effectively been at a standstill on geowing their markets and entering new one as well. Still no end in sight.

XNA Had something like 922k enplanements last year. That is nearly 2 mil in total passengers. With another year of growth like 2019, they will surpass LIT and be breathing down Tulsa's neck

I predict XNA will announce an 8 gate expansion by to end 2020. They already have too many airplanes RONing(remain overnight) and not enough gates for them in the morning. This would hamper Southwest service as they would almost certainly RON planes. Simply not enough stables in the barn at the moment, meaning there are no free gates in the morning. United is using  outside hard stands to board some flights in the morning.

JetBlue founder is awaiting a second Operation Certificate for some E195s to start up Breeze airlines. Said he would start selling seats 60 days out when he gets it, it could be at anytime. He already has the paperwork for his brand new A223s and those will start flying in April 2021.
Springfield and XNA seem to be right to his business model's alley.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2020, 11:46:18 AM »
Bentonville is now the 5th fastest growing city in the US and adding 10 people a day. And... there this 2045 projection

https://www.nwaonline.com/news/2020/apr/13/planners-consider-how-to-fit-1-milllion/

1 million by 2045.

Not a bad thing for SDC's back yard.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile