Author Topic: Frontier City Developments  (Read 175129 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Frontier City Developments
« Reply #360 on: June 13, 2020, 09:26:10 PM »
There used to be a kiddie canoe ride there.  I think Holiday World still has one
SWOOSH

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 19, 2020, 11:49:00 AM »
I help run Frontier City Thrills there is a couple of guys who know the history of the park more then I do it could be a prop from the Lost River Ride?  They used tubs on that ride.  If I ask can I use the photos one of those guys could probably answer the question on the canoe.   The canoe ride they did have was much smaller canoes for a child.  This looks to hold an adult.  If you don't mind If I can post those photos on Frontier City Thrills. 

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #362 on: June 19, 2020, 02:53:21 PM »
I help run Frontier City Thrills there is a couple of guys who know the history of the park more then I do it could be a prop from the Lost River Ride?  They used tubs on that ride.  If I ask can I use the photos one of those guys could probably answer the question on the canoe.   The canoe ride they did have was much smaller canoes for a child.  This looks to hold an adult.  If you don't mind If I can post those photos on Frontier City Thrills.

Use away.  I wasn't even sure it was a water ride, figuring it could have even been from an old flat ride.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 31, 2020, 04:14:57 PM »
Since the New CEO took over Six Flags I had my reservation on how much a park would change. Frontier City the past year has been totally flipped from what it was like a year ago.  The amount of work put into infrastructure of the park is very noticeable.  They had to upgrade plumbing and electric through out the whole park. It's still going while the park is open.  Every ride has been getting refurbished and upgraded like the park.  Some stuff is noticeable some not so noticeable. But it's making a Huge difference in the parks overall experience.   The park is doing it in way to not take away the parks theme-ing. The electrical junction transfer areas are being disguised as homesteads or old west businesses that just popped up on the property.  Like a new resident moved into the City.   Well done with detail to keep the park theme.  The rides themselves have had updates with lighting packages,
 control boards and mechanical upgrades. SO far the down time of rides really has been effected by weather then mechanical.    Diamond Back the station got alot of upgrades cosmetically also  the coaster is much smoother when it launches.  Silver Bullet the operator now has more control of the Coaster train when it's in the break run to the station.   Also Silver bullet has a new lighting package that high lights the coaster nicely at night. As well as some theming to the sign with a interactive feature.  Also Renegade Rapids got a complete overhaul that the ride has fresh theme-ing and theme elements that have not worked on the ride will once again work come next season.   The log ride is getting rethemed and had many upgrades this past season. Like the drop hill now once again has running water.  The tunnel has a new Surprising element in one of the tunnel scenes.   The log ride will have one theme a South East Oklahoma Swamp theme instead of the many themes it currently has as you travel the ride.   Looking forward to the completion of that come next season.   Six Flags and EPR is noticeably dumping alot of money into this park.   It is really shaping up to be a very nice park for visitors.   I get the vibe that Six Flags wants to make Frontier City their version of Knott's Berry Farm.  That will be huge for Oklahoma City if they can make a Frontier City a park people want to visit in the future.   

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #364 on: February 02, 2021, 10:58:08 AM »
Apparently land is being cleared around the go-karts/maintenance area where we've talked about something going for years. Kemotblue broke the story, of course  ;D

I think Lance on Screamscape could be right though unfortunately. It's probably a relocation of another ride from inside the chain. A real shame since it seemed like FC was being setup for somthing new and big.

I wonder if we'll get stuck with the crappy Harley Quinn from SFDK. Or maybe even worse, Green Lantern from SFMM?

I'd be ecstatic for even an old wild mouse...

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #365 on: March 07, 2021, 05:46:04 PM »
Sounds like the clearing was for... a warehouse.

Richard Shilhanek posted an update from the OK coaster club event at the park this weekend. The highlights are: tumbleweed removed, Gunslinger will try to operate again, and the big news: RMC is making a SECOND train for Wildcat. Will be interesting to see if RMC gets more involved in the wildcat in the future...

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #366 on: April 19, 2021, 10:19:43 AM »
Apparently there's a rumor that Goliath from SFNE will be relocated to FC. This is the old giant inverted boomerang built by Vekoma that was originally at SFMM. The ride has always been a mechanical nightmare, and even though SF invested in new trains to make the ride more reliable and comfortable they apparently only made things worse on both accounts. The ride experience has been likened to surviving a car crash or a random mugging.

Visually the ride is very appealing, and if they could get better trains again it could be fun. I don't know if they can fix all of the maintenance issues though. I think Silverwood does a better job with their version, but who knows.

I'm not sure where they would put it, but they could rearrange parts of the park or expand into the parking lot.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 19, 2021, 07:23:22 PM »
What makes me nervous about that rumor is that Six Flags will still be the operator and more than likely will run it the same. It would be something big and visual stunning for Oklahoma but oh how I would love a RMC Raptor.

Jay

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 19, 2021, 10:56:45 PM »
Just to clear that rumor Goliath is NOT coming to Frontier City.  Six Flags continues to surprise me on how much money they are spending in the park. Each week new surprises just continue to pop up.  Tremendous amount of money put into the infrastructure and appearance of the park.   I'm totally floored on how much Six Flags is investing into the park.  Quick Draw is actually a good dark shooting ride again, You can compete, Gunslinger is actually now more reliable then the coasters , Just about any flat ride is more reliabe then the coasters.  Some of the rides are getting new signage.  The talking Buffalo head at the front of the park was upgraded and repaired and says more to guests.  Stuff that hasn't worked in the park in years now suddenly works again and more fun theme elements around the park.  The new gun fight show  " The Lone Wonderer" is phenomal!  Everytime I watched the show the gun fighters get a standing ovation.  It has a great story line action packed and very interactive with the audience.  The best gun fighter stunt show I've seen at the park.  I hope the Golden Ticket people who nominate get down here and see the show.  It is award worthy I never seen a standing ovation for a themepark stunt show.   Hats off to Six Flags and the park managment and staff.  This Frontier City is nothing like it has been in the past 20 years.   It's the best I've seen it and can't believe it's Six Flags that managing the park.  I give it up to this new CEO he had a plan in place for his parks.  If you are paying attention to any coaster groups that follow any of the SIx Flag Parks these improvements are happening chain wide.     

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #369 on: April 20, 2021, 08:20:15 AM »
Yeah, it didn't seem like a likely rumor, but it's easy to imagine the park eventually being stuck with some boomerang from somewhere. Honestly even that would still be one of the biggest and best coasters the state has ever seen.

Still really nice to hear about all the TLC. REALLY hope the next step can be something new and worthwhile.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 20, 2021, 08:34:25 AM »
Other rumors are:

Green Lantern from Six Flags Great Adventure may be coming. This will be a great choice, in my opinion. This will bring in record amounts of people to ride a coaster that is taller than some have ever ridden. Frontier City is the only amusement park in Oklahoma (besides the kiddie park) and alot of people can't afford to travel to another state for a bigger amusement/theme park.

Wildcat is getting a 2nd train soon and it will be an RMC train.

Finally, I have heard something from this year's preview day for the park, which happened on the Sunday before they opened this year. Someone said they were walking around the park with a group of people and a man that sounded like a tour guide (of sorts), talking about all the changes. They eventually got to the area where the go-karts used to be. He asked if Six Flags had any plans for the area. Besides the warehouse that was already mentioned, they are thinking about adding a wild mouse coaster to bring more people to this area of the park.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 08:45:40 AM by Dewayne »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #371 on: April 20, 2021, 08:49:02 AM »
Other rumors are:

Green Lantern from Six Flags Great Adventure may be coming. This will be a great choice, in my opinion. This will bring in record amounts of people to ride a coaster that is taller than some have ever ridden. Frontier City is the only amusement park in Oklahoma (besides the kiddie park) and alot of people can't afford to travel to another state to ride bigger rides.

Wildcat is getting a 2nd train soon and it will be an RMC train.

Finally, I have heard something from this year's preview day for the park, which happened on the Sunday before they opened this year. Someone said they were walking around the park with a group of people and a man that sounded like a tour guide (of sorts), talking about all the changes. They eventually got to the area where the go-karts used to be. He asked if Six Flags had any plans for the area. Besides the warehouse that was already mentioned, they are thinking about adding a wild mouse coaster to bring more people to this area of the park.

Absolutely no way they move Green Lantern. Not sure where that rumor comes from. They'll put floorless trains on it and remarket it as a new coaster at SFGAdv at some point I'm sure.

The 2nd train news for Wildcat is true and has been confirmed by multiple sources.

Who knows about that wild mouse rumor, it sounds like something a loud mouthed enthusiast would say vs an actual park official. Enthusiasts have been speculating and even hoping for a relocated wild mouse or boomerang for decades now. Anything to give us some kind of new coaster, lol. Our expectations for FC aren't high at all unlike most park fan groups.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #372 on: April 20, 2021, 05:28:18 PM »
I had always thought when CC closed and the rides began to get dismantled FC would get one of the small steel coasters whether it was Jackrabbit or Thunderbolt. Still surprised they didn't. They would have made a lot of sense given the size of the park.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #373 on: April 20, 2021, 08:01:48 PM »
Some notes...
1. I’ve ridden Goliath at SFNE and no it’s not a horrible ride
2. Silverwood has figured out how to run their GIB just fine
3. Why would they put floorless trains on Green Lantern when they have Bizzarro at SFGAdv
4. Don’t underestimate Six Flags
SWOOSH

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 23, 2021, 08:36:05 PM »
following PTC on social media Frontier City's new Train for Wildcat arrived this week. Tomorrow I will post photos of the second train for Wildcat when I visit the park.  Sadly no RMC train it was ploy to throw off enthuiests that were at the preview event.  i figured it out by watching the latest posts from PTC facebook page.