Author Topic: Frontier City Developments  (Read 63776 times)

Jaykethekid

• View Profile
Re: Frontier City Developments
« Reply #345 on: January 20, 2020, 08:00:46 PM »
It's also worth mentioning that the old abandoned hotel to the north is being leveled and completely removed. Local permits show that it is indeed Six Flags and Frontier City who are doing the work. On top of the boneyard cleanup, it seems that they are extremely interested in freeing up as much land as possible. What they're gonna do with all the land the own is beyond me. But i wouldn't be shocked to see some parking expansions in the park's future. The main lot was filled for most of my visits to FC this year, so its a reasonable expansion for them.

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 27, 2020, 11:27:20 PM »
Going to a off season tour of the park this coming Saturday.  Going to ask a lot of questions with all the work I saw going on in the park the past few months.  So much work everywhere that I have a lot of questions to ask  this weekend.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #347 on: February 01, 2020, 08:40:54 AM »
Now that this park is part of SF I plan on stopping in on my way down to Texas for spring break.  Excited because itís been awhile.  Whatís the best place to eat at in the park? I having SF Dining. 
SWOOSH

Jaykethekid

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 03, 2020, 12:37:17 PM »
As far as food goes, you have a lot of options around the park to choose from resturaunt and stand wise. But unfortunately, every resturaunt seems to sell the exact same food. Chicken Tenders, movie theatre style nachos, frozen burgers at some places etc. Usually when i visit, i just eat outside of the park because the choices are very poor in park.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #349 on: February 03, 2020, 11:16:22 PM »
As far as food goes, you have a lot of options around the park to choose from resturaunt and stand wise. But unfortunately, every resturaunt seems to sell the exact same food. Chicken Tenders, movie theatre style nachos, frozen burgers at some places etc. Usually when i visit, i just eat outside of the park because the choices are very poor in park.

I was thinking Saddlerock Cafe.  They have pulled brisket sandwiches
SWOOSH

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 09, 2020, 07:48:02 PM »
I recently joined up with the Oklahoma Coaster Club to attend Frozen Frontier.  I Learned stuff about what Frontier City does in the off season. Some photos I can't share because Six Flags has certain rules when rides are being worked on during the off season. They like to have a pristine image and I don't blame them it's more fun when you see the park in a complete state then in a construction project mess. The amount of work that is being done is impressive in all areas of the park. 60 year old park it needed a lot of infrastructure work this season. That is the big reason there was no Big 2020 attraction announcement. The capitol funds are being spent to upgrade the property. These upgrades will pave the way for those larger attractions and a longer operating season.

Some questions were answered first off Testing of Gunslinger is expected this week. The ride is expected to be open during Spring Break. Also the same for Sheldon's Balloon Race in Timbertown. Renegade Rapids is getting work in the Theme areas as well as electrical upgrades. Same with Prairie Schooner and Sidewinder. Sidewinder is also getting some cosmetic updates. There was a lot of noticeable changes you will see when the park opens for the season as you walk around the park.

Diamond and Diamond Elite will not have a lounge area like the larger parks. They don't have a location at this time. Pepsi is staying this year as will Dr. Pepper and Mt. Dew. Pizza Shop and BBQ spot are switching locations.

It was interesting and fun getting in areas that are normally restricted areas. Like the Infield of Coasters and Flat rides. I'm very proud the direction the park is going in for the future. 

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 01, 2020, 11:23:54 PM »
A much needed long overdue addition is being added to Diamond Back. A station roof is being added to the coaster. FINALLY!, relief from the heat. No more baking in the sun.

Jaykethekid

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 02, 2020, 11:13:01 AM »
Only took 27 years! Much needed addition without a doubt. Im glad it's also a fully fabricated roof and not some canvas / cloth attatched to poles. Seems like it will last!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #353 on: March 03, 2020, 02:02:52 PM »
Excellent. That also implies that the Diamondback is staying for the foreseeable future. I was thinking they might eventually scrap it for not only maintenance reasons but also to fit in a bigger coaster.

Looking forward to seeing the improved Renegade Rapids.