Author Topic: Frontier City Developments  (Read 175060 times)

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Re: Frontier City Developments
« Reply #315 on: July 05, 2019, 04:13:00 PM »
I have no idea, I am not familiar with that ride.  As to the nightmare mine, I rode it way back in the early 90s. probably around 93-94 and only vaguely remember it, but what I do remember it was great.  I did not return to FC until maybe 5 or so years ago by which time it was gone.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #316 on: July 05, 2019, 08:26:55 PM »
I have no idea, I am not familiar with that ride.  As to the nightmare mine, I rode it way back in the early 90s. probably around 93-94 and only vaguely remember it, but what I do remember it was great.  I did not return to FC until maybe 5 or so years ago by which time it was gone.

I, too, rode Nightmare, but when you're next in line and you see the track being held together with duct tape, you tend to question the intelligence of the maintenance crew.  Nightmare was a coaster before being enclosed and renamed.  The sign paid homage to the old name.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #317 on: July 05, 2019, 09:08:10 PM »

I looked it up and all it was was a SDC Galaxi Coaster.  Standard off the shelf.  Meaning that a Maurer SC2000 like the new coaster at Adventureland, could fit in there easily.   
SWOOSH

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 05, 2019, 10:47:13 PM »
Before I head to bed I outlined the markers for Frontier City 2020.  The red dots are where I spotted the markers.  I outlined the area. Then there is two other spots I figure run from the power station that is in the Building. Looks Like Soaring Eagle will be removed/ or moved for the 2020 attraction.   My guesses is the SkyWarp Eclipse or even a small coaster in the area. You can see it is a rectangle shape.  Not in a square shape used for a Star Flyer.  Will be interesting if the whole section of the park has to be changed for this attraction it makes sense for them to start construction now for 2020.  Those markers are indeed for the 2020 attraction.  Big news for this small park. I've been calling the project "French Drain"  That is what I've been told by the park employees. The stakes have SF2020 165'   All kinds of markings in the area on the ground.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 07, 2019, 04:19:39 PM »
I wish they would put another coaster in there.

I looked it up and all it was was a SDC Galaxi Coaster.  Standard off the shelf.  Meaning that a Maurer SC2000 like the new coaster at Adventureland, could fit in there easily.
[/quote]

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 07, 2019, 11:31:25 PM »
A coaster like Spider at Lagoon would fit inside the footprint of the building.  The coaster costs 3 million Dollar add that and a Skyscreamer for 2020.  They still would be under 5 million dollars.  I know it's clone and off the shelf coaster.

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 15, 2019, 08:48:03 PM »
I'm torn on what Frontier City will be getting next season.  They are getting a new attraction there is a lot of rumors and not so clear evidence.  But what I can dig up I think the park is getting a new coaster in part of the  the concert/picnic grounds. That section will be reworked out for the new attraction. The Amphitheater would be a lot smaller and more stadium like layout. The Winged Warrior may be moved for this attraction to a new location in the park.  The construction will start as soon as the last concert of the season finishes that is King and Country on August 24th. I can see them doing this they reworked Timbertown and completely overhauled that area of the park.  So they could be taking sections at a time.  It's just hard to say can't make anything out on what is happening at the park for 2020. If they start construction end of August that should by time frame for a medium coaster bring it opening up during the summer of 2020. It is something to watch in the next month.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #322 on: July 15, 2019, 09:13:33 PM »
I think a clone of Tantrum at Darien Lake would be perfect for a park of this size. 
SWOOSH

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 24, 2019, 09:55:24 PM »
Must have been a ridiculously slow news day in Oklahoma for them to report that Silver Bullet was stuck on the brake run. Not on the lift as usual, but the brake run that is like 3-feet off the ground.

Jay

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 25, 2019, 02:22:07 PM »
Yea, no kidding.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #326 on: July 25, 2019, 09:26:56 PM »
I'm curious how they even heard about it. Do people just ring up the news stations now whenever a ride stops? It sounds like it was sorted out very quickly without incident. Hope SF starts putting some pressure on the news stations to stop this nonsense. I can almost understand having a news story if a ride is stopped way up on a lift for any great period of time, but even that was pushing it.

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 26, 2019, 02:33:45 PM »
Driving this morning and on the radio Frontier City advertisement came on for the start of the 2020 Season Pass Flash Sale.  In that advertisement clear as day White Water Bay getting a name change for 2020.  WWB name is getting changed to Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Oklahoma City.  So this tells me the major capitol money is going to White Water Bay for 2020.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #328 on: August 26, 2019, 03:25:57 PM »
Driving this morning and on the radio Frontier City advertisement came on for the start of the 2020 Season Pass Flash Sale.  In that advertisement clear as day White Water Bay getting a name change for 2020.  WWB name is getting changed to Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Oklahoma City.  So this tells me the major capitol money is going to White Water Bay for 2020.

Finally!  The change to WWB was always a ridiculous choice.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #329 on: August 26, 2019, 04:10:23 PM »
Like I said on TPR, I hope they pour money into both parks. WWB is old and tired just like FB. Both parks have so much potential, but have been absolutely slept on for decades. It's been driving me nuts how Oklahoma has so little in the way of proper amusement/water parks. WWB should be at least twice the size that it currently is, and FC could be a lot bigger.

I can understand them being a little careful not to over-invest into FC since they don't want to cannibalize SFOT attendance, but water parks are usually patronized by locals almost exclusively. Few people are going to drive down to Texas for a water park, or vice versa. It makes sense to really build it up into a park that better captures the market of the 2+ million in the surrounding area.

As for FC, hopefully they get something new as well. They really need to be thrown a bone. A new starflyer, as some have speculated, would go a long way.