Author Topic: Dinner in Branson  (Read 5818 times)

krash9924

• View Profile
Dinner in Branson
« on: July 22, 2010, 11:26:07 AM »
We have been to Branson many times but are taking some family for the first time in a few weeks. We are looking for a good place to take first timers and a few of our favorites haven't been so great the last few times. (Shorty Smalls, Hard Luck diner and Garfields) So where are some of the best places to have a sit down dinner with about 8 people?

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Dinner in Branson
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 12:08:22 PM »
I thought that CandleStick was supposed to be great at one time.
I myself go to the Landing, you can walk around before and after dinner.
Watch the water show.
They have Macheronni Grill and Joes Crab Shack and more, check out the website.

DalesDaMan3

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 12:16:40 PM »
Catina Laredo, Famous Dave's BBQ, Chesters, Red Lobster, Olive Garden

mudhead

• Always ready for a spin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 03:06:57 PM »
Danna's BBQ has some good eats too.
Going through life one ride at a time.
Going to SDC since 1972, and loving every trip.

maddilives4him

• Hatfield
  • Perserving the past!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 10:23:17 PM »
If I were you I would definetly try to make it to Montana Mikes or the Grand Country Buffet. They also have an awesome restaurant located right on the College of the Ozarks campus. ;D
"Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but be an example to others in your speech, love, life, faithfulness, and purity."
                           - 1 Timothy 4:12

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 08:15:52 AM »
Yup, the College of the Ozarks is a WONDERFUL place for Sunday morning brunch. A little family owned Mexican place on Downing Street in Hollister is good for brews and tacos...it's the only one there, easy to find, and not too crowded. Also, you can never go wrong at Clocker's Cafe or Branson Cafe in the old downtown area. Hmmmmmm...I'm getting hungry! ;D
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

dorsal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 03:19:31 PM »
Depends on what they want.  If they are big on atmosphere, go to Shorty Small's anyway.  Or maybe to the White River Fish Company on Lake Taneycomo, though it's expensive.  Altenhof Inn on Indian Point has a great view of Table Rock Lake when you eat on their patio.  If they want good food, you can't beat Danna's for barbecue.  Billygail's on 265 by The Wilderness is well-known (and usually packed) for breakfast, though my favorite is a bit further away - Aunt Martha's in Springfield.  Grand Country Buffet is okay if you want a buffet, I suppose.

We used to like Fall Creek Steak House, but since the post-fire rebuild it's not as good.  McFarland's seems to have jumped the shark as well.  Uncle Joe's BBQ was pretty good, but it's gone now.  I don't know about y'all, but we try not to do chain restaurants when on vacation.  They're around any time we're not on vacation, and we like to sample the local culture a bit when we eat.  That makes the restaurant pickings pretty slim though...

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 05:19:37 PM »
Lambert's in Ozark is a fun place to stop. When my family lived in Sikeston, MO back in the '80's we frequented the original Lambert's that old man Lambert owned...Norm Lambert. He and my stepdad were friends. Norm served me many meals back then. The Sikeston restaurant is the place to stop in southeast Missouri if  you ever get over that way. Norm's son runs the Lambert's at Ozark...it's a family tradition.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 04:54:31 PM »
Lambert's in Ozark is a fun place to stop. When my family lived in Sikeston, MO back in the '80's we frequented the original Lambert's that old man Lambert owned...Norm Lambert. He and my stepdad were friends. Norm served me many meals back then. The Sikeston restaurant is the place to stop in southeast Missouri if  you ever get over that way. Norm's son runs the Lambert's at Ozark...it's a family tradition.
On each trip to Branson (from Lamar, Colorado), we go to Lambert's at least once...It's our favorite place to eat and is very reasonably priced...The Ozark Lambert's isn't quite as good as the Sikeston Lambert's (we go there each time we visit family in Cape Girardeau) but it is still awesome all the same...I highly recommend it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 04:55:23 PM by joshblakebran »
Colorado SDC Fan

Folan nogle

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 11:48:38 AM »
 Lamberts is always a favorite of ours as is Smiths in Collins Missouri. I think Chesters move to their new location is hurting them alot cause when we were there the last time we waited 35 minutes for food. They kept coming to the table telling us they were down to 1 fryer. Food was good though but people aren't gonna wait over a half hour for food. But if you really want to know places to stay away from theres the Baldknobbers restaurant, Peppercorns, the Plantation Restaurant and Whipper Snappers and Fall Creek steakhouse as well as Granny's and B.T Boines are pretty horrible. Just read tripadvisor.com reviews on these places. ::)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 11:51:00 AM by Folan nogle »

dorsal

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 12:58:55 AM »
Couple of notes on those warnings:  Peppercorn's had a good breakfast at one time.  Haven't been there for a while, though.  As I said earlier, Fall Creek Steakhouse used to be good (catfish was good too), but they rebuilt after a fire, and it hasn't been as good the last two times we went.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 06:40:51 PM »
Mexican maybe?  La Hacienda is GREAT!    Alos dont overlook Old chicago on the landing...  Obviuosly you have lots of other options!!!!