Author Topic: Live Concerts!  (Read 13752 times)

Tony from Tulsa

• Hatfield
  • Reaching tens of people with my music.
    • View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/tony-from-tulsa
Re: Live Concerts!
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2010, 09:27:49 PM »
Parson, actually I'm pretty jealous of your Osmonds encounter. BetaMike, I'll see your Bea Arthur and raise you a Dave Barry. Wellllll???
No matter where you go, there you are.

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2010, 09:37:24 PM »
You have forced my hand pal...Boots Randolph.  Booya!!!!   

The kicker was that this wasn't even a proper concert.  He just finished the show and we saw him walking and decided to give him a ride to his car.  Because he thought we were so nice, he played Yakety Sax for us in the back alley of the Roy Clark. 

You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

Tony from Tulsa

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2010, 09:54:21 PM »
Bea Arthur AND Boots Randolph?!! Oooh, that's hard to top. In fact, I can't. Did I mention I saw Paul McCartney? I did? Oh.  :(

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 10:12:59 PM »
Sir Paul is on my list of things to experience. Being a Beatles fan for nearly 30 years, I was "never old enough" so my parents always went w/ out me.

I just got into Sigur Ros last week, and am still just figuring out how awesome they are.
I go to a Pink Floyd Tribute show yearly here in StL that is comparable to Australian Pink Floyd, but Waters would have been awesome-Gilmour and Waters annouced yesterday a 30th anniversary Wall tour. Waters is doing that same concert in Stl in Oct. $75 cheap seats. I wonder if it is worth it....

I have nothing that can trump Bea Arthur.....I have Varuca Salt's Drumstick.... OHHH i remembered this...During "Surrender" Cheap trick throws out an album frisbee style at the point where they say "Rolling numbers, rock and rolling, got my Kiss records out."
Here it is...... A Cheap Trick album signed by all members, with dozens of Rick Nielson picks around the outside

I met all of Def Leppard at a mall...To get Rick Allen's signature someone else had to hold the paper for him since well, he only has one arm.

Nothing that can trump you BetaMike, you win this time sir.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 10:22:16 PM by rubedugans »

Tony from Tulsa

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 10:18:57 PM »
Rube, Sigur Ros is awesome! Check out their DVD documentary called "Heime". Its very, very cool. BetaMike, what can I say. No one will ever top your Bea Arthur. I would however, like to see photographic proof.

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2010, 10:32:04 PM »
Wow....didn't know there were so many fans of Bea Arthur.  I am probably the biggest Bea fan there is. 

Sigur Ros is great and they are amazing live, but if you haven't heard Jonsi (the lead singer of Sigur Ros) new album, it is fantastic.  The Jonsi concert I just saw was almost like a religious experience.

Here's the proof!

Tony from Tulsa

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2010, 10:36:08 PM »
HAHAHAHAHA!!! I just shot milk out of my nose!! That's awesome!!!

Tony from Tulsa

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2010, 10:37:45 PM »
Wait a minute,....forty three dollars? Oooooh,....hmmmmmm......

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2010, 10:42:38 PM »
Ohhhh kay....*hikes up pants*....I can see we have a "who you met" smackdown going here. So I will chime in with who I met!

Jerry Lewis - after Damn Yankees in KC, he signed my program and LEFT HIS thumbprint in "Jerry")
Don Knotts - yep, Barney Fife and ol' Ralph Furley himself!
Paul Sorvino - he gave a talk in KC once about art and I was there
Sid Vicious - former WCW/WWE wrestler
James Best - Roscoooooo P. Coltrane from Dukes of Hazzard

In the 50's, my mother worked at the old Townhouse Hotel in Kansas City, Kansas and met TONS of people. Mainly because she was the elevator operator and transported them up and down. Unfortunately, she left there before Patsy Cline stayed there and gave her last performance at Memorial Hall In KCK.

Andymeets1880s

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2010, 10:48:11 PM »
Rube, you better put Homeland Security on that CT poster. I'm comin' for it!!!!  LOLOL! ;)

The only CT memory I have that's out of the ordinary is years ago they played the Amphitheater at Worlds of Fun and me and three other guys were standing in line right against the chain at the entrance two hours before the start of the show. When they came out and did a sound check, Rick Neilsen came all the way down to us and stood smack in front of us and talked to us while he warmed up and tuned himself.
Andymeets1880s

Tony from Tulsa

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2010, 10:57:01 PM »
Andy, I am jealous. Barney Fife and Paul Sorvino? Cool. Hmmmm,...I met Mike Huckabee at a book signing. We went to Oklahoma City exactly ONE WEEK before Paul McCartney drove through there on his infamous "Route 66 road trip" two years ago (or was it three?). He even ate at the same place we had been a week earlier. Didn't meet him, but came thaaaaaat close. Being a lowly machinist, I don't get much opportunity to hobnob with the rich and famous. Saw Yoko Ono's limosine parked outside a John Lennon art exhibit. Does that count? No? I suck.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 10:59:57 PM by Tony from Tulsa »

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2010, 11:06:17 PM »
You don't suck.  Those folks put their pants on one leg at a time like we do...they just wear fancier pants!

I spent 5 years taking celebs around Disney.  Some famous, some infamous but after a while the wow factor just fades

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2010, 11:18:51 PM »
beta, you sound exactly like a girl I went to school with. She used to live in L.A. and her dad had some huge political pull and was a big-wig. Anyhow, it was nothing for her to go to her dad's office and see some actor sitting there visiting with her father. It started to fade with her too. It became commonplace. Her dad was invited to political fundraisers and parties by the actual celebrities themselves! Streisand, Warren Beatty, Edward Asner, the list is infinite!!!!!!!
Andymeets1880s

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2010, 11:27:50 PM »
For us, it was business.  These folks just wanting to enjoy the parks like everyone else without being noticed.  It's a tough row to hoe.  Lots of them were really down to earth.

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2010, 11:32:55 PM »
In 1984, Van Halen and Valerie Bertinelli went to Worlds of Fun. They were dressed "in disguise" and managed to go around the park rather unscathed.

Then, Leo DiCaprio, Sara Gilbert (Darlene from "Roseanne") and Skeet Ulrich went to WOF a few years ago and also managed to skate through pretty much unnoticed.
Andymeets1880s