Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > General Silver Dollar City Talk

Your top 10 favs at SDC

(1/5) > >>

Andymeets1880s:
Ok, folks....yes, it's another "top" list and I thought I would put you on the spot with this one! I have seen you put your favorite rides and eats on here, but now we are going to RANK them! Har, har, har!
I am not allowed for this as I have visited SDC only three times in my 41 years and havent hit everything like you all have. But I thought it might be fun to have you make a top ten list of your fav places at SDC. Not top ten eats AND top ten rides. This is top ten all time period and in order!
  Let me put it this way.....you can only visit the park ONE last and final time for the rest of your life. Where would you go first? Second? Where would you eat? And when?

This should make you commit to the places you love so dear. I bet you never quite thought of it this way!

Instead of working from ten to one, start with number one and work to ten. Where would go first and what would you end the last visit with?? THIS should prove to be quite interesting!

And ONLY ten! No monkey business, Junior! LOLOL!

Junior:
Man, oh man! Too much pressure for me on this one...I'd like to think Heaven looks a lot like SDC, it's too hard for me to rank everything on park. I LOVE IT ALL!

betamike:
1.  Stop for a while and soak in the transition moment from the Hospitality House to the Square (this includes the big whiff of tar covered pavement and soothing strains of bluegrass)

2.  Spend a few hours visiting Aunt June and the rest of my candy family in the Candy Factory basement.

3.  Walk over to mid town to smell the fresh baked bread at Sullivan's Mill and then dip a candle at Carrie's Candles (again, it's all about the smells for me)

4.  Take a looong time walking through Grandfather's Mansion.

5.  Not sure where this fits, but take a million photos of obscure crevices, corners, sidings, signs and interiors of all the places I see.

6.  Ride Fire in the Hole and (again) soak in every second of that musky, musty smell of the queue area, load and ride.

7.  Have lunch at Big Jack's and think about the thousands of times I've waited in that elevated queue and sat in that dark dining room devouring my big jack sandwich.

8.  Walk around the McHaffie homestead area and pretend, pretend, pretend that it's really 1880.

9.   Hang out in the OMP and tram area listening to all the people quoting lines from their day riding the train, watching the craftsmen and reliving their experiences of the day.

10.  Find Timothy Turnbuckle and hijack his time machine which makes the finality of this last day ever not so sad after all.

Andymeets1880s:
Not everything, Junior! Just ten! You have been told that you can only go TEN places in this last visit!
What would you go to first, second, where would you end your last visit? C'mon...I know you can do this! LOLOL!

mhguy77:
1 Fire in the hole
2 PowderKeg
3 Funnel Cake with Powdered sugar only ( I'll take my funnel cake " Traditional" please)
4 Flooded Mine
5 Train
6 Carrie Nation Saloon Show
7 Diving Bell
8 Thunderation
9 Float Trip
10 Replay of "For the Glory"

You didn't stipulate that I couldn't time travel my way through SDC history you said to choose my favorites. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version