Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > General Silver Dollar City Talk

If the Warehouse 13 Agents Visited SDC...

(1/2) > >>

History Buff:
...what artifacts would they find?

For those of you who aren't familiar with the SyFy show, Warehouse 13, which is starting it's second season this week, it's about federal agents who track down and capture objects with significant extraordinary powers.  The objects are usually connected with some type of historical figure (i.e., Harriet Tubman's thimble, Edgar Allen Poe's pen), and they possess some type of electrical or magnetic energy that gives them unique powers (i.e., Sylvia Plath's typewriter causes deep depression).  The show is like Pawn Stars meets Antiques Roadshow meets National Treasure meets science fiction.

I wonder what type of artifacts they would want to confiscate from SDC.  Some of you keep talking about a special feeling you get when you visit SDC; perhaps it's because of some special objects that have been inadvertently placed throughout the City...

Maybe this is too narrow of a topic for the forum; most of us have similar tastes, so we shall see.

Junior:
Shad Heller's Forge...

Miss Mary's old desk...

Don Richardson's old office...

Andy Miller's drawing table...

Leslie Jones rocking chair (where he made white oak baskets)...

The medicine show wagon..

Uncle Rube's diving bell blueprints...

Jack's cement mixer (he poured many walking trails in the cave)...

Pete's "Sheriff's Badge" from the '60s...

the list is endless!

History Buff:
Perfect!  Man, you are quick.  Now what do each of these things do?

Obviously, the forge elicits nostalgia in such a way that no one remembers anything bad from the past.

Andy Miller's drawing table brings out a person's wild and quirky imagination.

The medicine show wagon is still there because of the power it holds - it inspires impulse buying.

Keep going...

betamike:
I love that show!

I would say Violet Hensley's fiddle whose magical power is to stop kids in their tracks and make them realize the park isn't just about "rides"

History Buff:
Bells!

The school bell which allows visitors to learn about Ozarks and Missouri history and culture without realizing they are learning it

The huge bell atop FitH which makes visitors want to be a part of the bigger picture and not so selfish

I notice a lot of these things inspire positive attitudes at SDC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version