Author Topic: What's the dumbest question you've ever been asked?  (Read 2364 times)

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
What's the dumbest question you've ever been asked?
« on: June 26, 2010, 12:27:44 AM »
For those of you who work with the public...what's the dumbest question you've ever been asked?  Working at the Gateway Arch in St. Louis.  I've had my share of doozies, including..."Is it true you can see the Statue of Liberty from here?"  "Is it true they are going to move the Arch?"  And the granddaddy of them all, "Is the Arch man-made or is it a natural phenomenon?"

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: What's the dumbest question you've ever been asked?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 08:37:33 AM »
I think I addressed this silly questions/answers somewhere else on this site, but here it goes again:

Q: How do you get to fire in the hole from here?
    A: Don't worry about it, it burned down.

Q: Where is the cave from here?
    A: It's a good thing you asked, 'cause they moved it.

In line at the diving bell:

Q: Does this thing really go underwater?
    A: Of course it does.

Once a lady asked me about the many things to see and do in Branson at night, and I ran through Shepherd of the Hills, the music shows, Lake Queen, go kart tracks, waterslides...and after about five minutes of this she said, I saw a big red building that looked like a barn, what was that? I replied, it was a t-shirt shop, she got excited and said, "Yeah! That's what our family will do!" And she meant it...Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 12:40:02 AM »
Aywhere you can get T-Shirts, taffy, dream catchers, fudge, mocasins, and much more all in the same place has to be an event for the whole family!!!!! Ozarkland!!!!!! Though it is iconic in this part of the country, I cannot go in them without thinking "what a bunch of junk!!!" But I have been known to go to the one near Kingdom City MO (near Columbia) to get Nutty Bavarian nuts -the same brand as the roasted cinnamon nuts @ SDC.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 08:00:51 AM »
Reeves Boomland at Ozark and at Charleston, MO are fantastic tourist traps...novelty items, and post cards, and junk. Last time I was at the Charleston location in the mid-80's they had several Elvis Presely cars on display, that was neat.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"