Author Topic: Occupations  (Read 16882 times)

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Occupations
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 06:54:09 PM »
I'm a high school English teacher.  I currently teach sophomores.  I'm also the speech and debate coach, and I direct the fall play.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 10:00:42 PM »
Since someone mentioned spouses...My wife is a college grad with 2 degrees and no job! Teaching jobs are just hard to come by right now!

PastorDon

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2010, 10:55:23 PM »
As my screen name suggests I am a pastor, but this summer I'm also working part time for the National Park Service as a ranger for the Minuteman Missile National Historic Site near Wall, SD.  I give tours of the underground launch control facility and the actual missile silo.  If you're going to be in SD this summer give us a call and we'll give you a tour. 
In His grip!

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2010, 11:09:28 PM »
I'm a high school pre engineering teacher and serve as team leader for our FIRST robotics team.  I'm currently working ( a little over half way complete ) on my masters degree in education administration.  I'm also a "starving" musician.  In fact, I'll be playing at the Outback Pub in Branson on August 13th and in Eureka Springs on the 14th so if any of you folks are in the area during that time, drop by and say howdy!

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2010, 12:21:09 AM »
I too am a Pastor.  I pastor a small country church in south-central Illinois. I also work part-time as a tour guide at the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, MO.  My company sub-contracts for the NPS.  So Pastor Don we have a few things in common....we both Pastor, we both work at national monuments, and we both love SDC!  Plus the Badlands and Black Hills of South Dakota are my favorite places to vacation (next to SDC, of course).

PastorDon

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2010, 11:05:28 AM »
^That's pretty cool!  (Unlike the weather here this week!!!  8)  )  Come see us next time you're in the area!
In His grip!

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2010, 07:43:41 PM »
Hey Junior! I plan to blow open some unknown historical doors on Benton Co. Ark.! I am sitting on some jaw dropping and unbelievable history that I will make known some time soon! I am very careful in revealing things anymore because I have worked very hard and had some of my work stolen or changed. Even though I am in MO., I have a small network going down there and am very excited and anxious to reveal what I know! I hate to come off sounding snobbish because I wont share, but I am snakebit and hope everyone understands!
Andymeets1880s

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2010, 12:30:36 AM »
We all have our "side projects" on here, and I doubt anyone has shown their full deck! It is totally understandable, but most things on here I hope are not taken and exploited. I have lots of time and money in my works, and hope sometime to have them all reach fruition.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2010, 08:02:57 AM »
Andy: looking forward to hearing more about your historical discoveries. I'm an armchair ozark history and folklore nut. I do a little freelance writing on those topics. So, if you are looking for some publicity, I might be able to help you out when the time is right. Just contact me and let me know.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

DalesDaMan3

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2010, 12:10:46 PM »
I'm a plumber, in northwest Oklahoma!

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2010, 12:47:20 PM »
I transitioned my voracious appetite of theme parks into a (now) 13 year career with the Disney Company.  I've had roles all over the place ranging from Jungle Cruise skipper to VIP tour guide.  My real passion came under the guise of leadership and attraction management where I have done most of my time.

I was the Walt Disney World Ambassador in 2007 (a role that Walt Disney created himself in 1965), which acts as the official spokesperson.  I am currently starting my new role in the Global Park Operations line of business where all our attractions safety and regulatory decisions are made.  Part of the job is doing safety auditing for the attractions which requires me to throw on a t-shirt and baseball cap and experience all the attractions.  Tough job, I know.
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

Tony from Tulsa

• Hatfield
  • Reaching tens of people with my music.
    • View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/tony-from-tulsa
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2010, 07:41:15 PM »
Machinist and aspiring musician.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2010, 07:52:00 PM »
So, uh....Tony...are  you "livin' on Tulsa time?"   (Sorry, could not resist that one.)  Good luck with the music. Having lived in Branson for a number of years I always admired the local musicians who could make a living at what it was they loved so much. It was fun hanging out with some of them, too.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Tony from Tulsa

• Hatfield
  • Reaching tens of people with my music.
    • View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/tony-from-tulsa
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2010, 07:58:54 PM »
Ha! Always, Junior. I decided years ago that I'd better get a real job, so I learned to program and run CNC machines. Music is my passion, but I sure doesn't pay the bills. I love to write and record at home. I've got a myspace page if you care to hear what I've been up to. http://www.myspace.com/wehrmachtsound.
No matter where you go, there you are.

PastorDon

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2010, 09:08:48 AM »
You guys probably know the answer to this old Branson quiz...What's the difference between a large pizza and a guitar player?

The large pizza can feed a family of four!  ;D
In His grip!