Author Topic: "Lost" attractions in the Ozarks  (Read 9877 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: "Lost" attractions in the Ozarks
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 08:34:23 PM »
My understanding is that Janet Dailey is still in the Branson area.  She purchased the Ye Olde English Inn in downtown Hollister and is in the process of refurbishing it.

HollyAnn

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 12:29:20 AM »
I rode the Sammy Lane Pirate Cruise on my first trip to Branson.  I terrified me.  I was so afraid of the Pirate and when he came on the boat, he told me he was going to "take my Momma!"  I screamed and cried.  The embarrassing part it, my dad has it all on tape some where.  Although it was terrifying to a three year old, I wish it was still around.  I'm sure it was pretty fun, but to me I'll always remember it as the place where the Pirate was going to take "my Momma and steal my gold!"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 09:41:23 AM »
^Now that would be a great video to upload to the site!!!  (strong hint)
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

HollyAnn

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 11:47:17 PM »
Haha....I don't think so ;)  It pretty much consists of a 3 year old blond headed girl crying a screaming to the Pirate the he was NOT going to take my Momma! This does make me want to find that video now...maybe a weekend project.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2010, 11:25:30 AM »
Digging through the scrapbooks again I found a 1986 entertainment guide with ads for many "lost" attractions in Branson I thought you might like to see. Bob O Links, Plummer Family, Foggy River Boys, Ozarks Auto Show, Sammy Lane Pirate Cruise, Harold Bell Wright Museum in Mutton Hollow, Fun Spot, Love's Greatest Story, & Wilderness Safari...

Look at the Flickr account:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/juniordugan
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"