Author Topic: Celebration City Developments  (Read 127440 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Celebration City Developments
« Reply #300 on: October 01, 2016, 09:37:55 AM »
The Problem with Moving White Water there is I really don't think there is an more land there than where they are currently at.   If they ever move it they would need to find a spot where they could expand the park.

Are freaking kidding me?  Celebration City could fit 3-4 White Waters comfortably in the park's current borders and if they were to move parking into the land not developed that they own to the west of the current parking they could fit 3-4 more.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 09:39:12 AM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 04, 2016, 06:10:21 PM »
The Problem with Moving White Water there is I really don't think there is an more land there than where they are currently at.   If they ever move it they would need to find a spot where they could expand the park.

Are freaking kidding me?  Celebration City could fit 3-4 White Waters comfortably in the park's current borders and if they were to move parking into the land not developed that they own to the west of the current parking they could fit 3-4 more.

A  Water Park  should be part of an overall redevelopment plan and there should be a 70,000 to 100,000 square foot indoor component to it along with Hotel.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #302 on: October 04, 2016, 06:20:27 PM »
Even if it wasn't much bigger, the benefit of being able to go completely back to the drawing board and develop a modern, higher capacity and density water park on land they actually own instead of lease would be pretty huge. Being able to expand beyond that just makes it seem like a no-brainer.

But it's apparently much more complicated than that, and I'm guessing they can't simply break their contract on the current property and don't think it's worth it to start completely new... yet.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 10, 2016, 09:41:49 PM »
Im surprized people keep bringing this up.

As I said before, I highly doubt they will move anything from WW to somewhere else in Branson. CC would be a good place to build a water park since they have lots of room to expand, but it wont be free, and nothing in WW was built to be temporary. If they move, it will be like building a whole new water park, with slides and pools already bought. Moving amusement parks arent easy, but moving water parks are even harder and nearly impossible. It would be nice, but Im 99.99% sure that wont happen. If I hear they start thinking about moving, first thing I would do is laugh.....hard. With that being said, Im pretty sure I love WW more than anyone else.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 09:42:36 PM by Laroy »

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 10, 2016, 10:11:43 PM »

As I said before, I highly doubt they will move anything from WW to somewhere else in Branson. CC would be a good place to build a water park since they have lots of room to expand, but it wont be free, and nothing in WW was built to be temporary. If they move, it will be like building a whole new water park, with slides and pools already bought. Moving amusement parks arent easy, but moving water parks are even harder and nearly impossible. It would be nice, but Im 99.99% sure that wont happen. If I hear they start thinking about moving, first thing I would do is laugh.....hard. With that being said, Im pretty sure I love WW more than anyone else.

Those slides at Whitwater could come apart easily. Every joint has about 20 bolts each. You need to study a little engineering before you try to become one. Whitewater is so behind the times for waterparks it is just a shell of most of the others.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 10, 2016, 10:13:43 PM »

Yes I really do think

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 10, 2016, 10:14:05 PM »
I dont just mean the slides. I mean everything. There must be miles of pipes and half of them are in the cement, under the walkways. Think of how much work, like jack hammering, it would take. The Lazy River isnt a movable backyard kiddy pool. Nothing was built in a day. Great song btw.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 10:22:55 PM by Laroy »

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 11, 2016, 12:05:02 AM »
I dont just mean the slides. I mean everything. There must be miles of pipes and half of them are in the cement, under the walkways. Think of how much work, like jack hammering, it would take. The Lazy River isnt a movable backyard kiddy pool. Nothing was built in a day. Great song btw.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 11, 2016, 06:48:42 AM »

They would not jackhammer up pipes but replace with new . A water park is just a series of pumps, plastic and concrete. All relatively cheap in the construction trade. The lazy river is just a concrete trough with water jets embedded.  The theming at White Water is blah so even that is not a huge investment. All in All it would be easy to start all over. Not that it will be done.