Author Topic: Season Passes Renamed  (Read 3177 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Season Passes Renamed
« on: April 01, 2010, 06:45:23 PM »
I've been thinking about how the "season" has grown for SDC from summer, to summer and fall, to spring, summer, and fall, to spring, summer, fall, and winter.  It's time to start calling the "Season Pass" something different!

How would we like to buy a "Seasons Pass" for 2011?

The "City Passport"?

Or how about the "Keys to the 'City'" pass?

Any ideas or suggestions?

I even think the ticket gate could be themed into a City Hall for the sales of tickets and passes.  It could make for a surprising facelift out front.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Season Passes Renamed
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 08:16:17 PM »
Annual Pass?

They were called "All-City Passes" when Celebration City was around
SWOOSH

bthomas

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 08:58:25 PM »
Change for the sake of change.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 09:17:12 PM »
I like the idea of Annual Passport. That's what Disney's "season pass" is called, and by changing SDC's pass to that name, it could work to SDC's favor when people are making comparisons and will see--OMG, SDC's Annual Passport is $72 as opposed to Disney's Annual Passport which starts at $299!

An "annual passport" to SDC is $72, the same price as a one-day, one-park pass to Disneyland. A Disneyland annual passport starts at $299 (this one has blackout dates!), goes up to $439, and then the highest one is $700 (granted, this one gets you into all Disney parks, but still... $700!!!).

.....okay, I'm done. Just a bit ticked off by all the complaints on the SDC Facebook about how SDC is "so expensive". And even one person (who lives in Tulsa) had the gall to say that they could plan a trip to Disney for cheaper than a trip to SDC.

Okay, I'm really done now, I promise.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 09:52:16 PM »
It has gotten pretty expensive. But, we're willing to pay the price. And that person just hasn't done their research it seems.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 09:53:06 PM by Coaster »
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 09:33:30 AM »
I can understand where you are coming from, but technically a Silver Dollar City "season" is still from March to December each year. Sure there are various festivals along the way, but only one season.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 10:33:57 PM »
At one time tickets were called passports; I think that is a great idea to go back to! Just to let you know the SDC Season Pass is not expensive, just think of all the days you could possibly go. Tickets and Season passes basically pay bills and payroll with some left over, there not pocketing all the bucks here.

PastorDon

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 12:07:43 AM »
I don't know if SDC really needs to change the name of its Season Pass, since it still technically has a "season", albeit a really long one (kind of like the NBA!).  But I don't think the word "passport" really fits the theme, since passports have more to do with visiting other "lands" than "cities".  So why not just call it a "Silver Dollar City Citizen Pass". 
In His grip!

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 01:19:47 AM »
Oh, I like that idea. Citizen Pass. Yes, me likey.