Author Topic: Opening Day March 18th...  (Read 45714 times)

slow_walker

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
    • Rosey's Ramblings
Re: Opening Day March 18th...
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2010, 07:40:05 PM »
I've actually never eaten breakfast in the park anywhere. Being a life-long local we always stuff ourselves with a big breakfast before we head out. Which means I've also never been at the park right at opening time. But opening day this year I think I'm going to be adventuring by myself, so if there's a breakfast meetup I might just swallow my shyness and join you all.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2010, 10:08:29 PM »
Well, unfortunately, Spring Break for MSU is a week before SDC opening. I was contemplating skipping classes on the 18th, but I've got my first huge exam in English Lit that day, and she doesn't give make-up exams. So opening day is definitely out for me.

I'd still love to go the Saturday of opening weekend, if anyone is willing to let me hitch a ride (for which I'll help pay for gas).

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2010, 10:27:33 PM »
^Ask her if you can take it early
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2010, 11:31:15 PM »
Nope, no can do. She made it clear in the first day of class that she won't give early or late exams because she's got a full load and doesn't have time to write up an all-new exam for the early/late birds.

It's all good. Looks like I might be coming with Tinmann on the 20th.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2010, 09:28:59 PM »
^translation: I'm a lazy college professor who is set in my ways and I refuse to get on board with the "rest of the world" and allow people the freedom to take the test earlier if so needed.

You might want to remind her that you are one of the reasons she can afford to put food on her table at night and that you are in fact paying her to teach you. 
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2010, 11:11:33 PM »
Yeah, but she really does have a pretty full schedule, plus a young one at home... I've decided I'm still gonna ask her tomorrow if she'd be willing to let me take it early (I know she won't let me do a late one; that was quite... emphatically... said in the syllabus). Or since we're at least one day behind our syllabus, I wonder if our exam will end up pushed back a day, too....

adairmd

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2010, 12:40:11 AM »
I'll be there on the 20th.  There needs to be a meet up that day to!  This is when we need the SDC Fans t-shirts!

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2010, 07:31:25 AM »
Maybe we should open a poll and vote on a design for a shirt? If we get it done within the next couple days, there should still be time to order shirts and receive them if we use the SDCFans Zazzle shop. Or even just vote on one of the designs already there, to make it even easier and faster.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2010, 04:03:47 PM »
I ordered some shirts for me and my kids.  I will have them next week.  THey will say SDCFans on them.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

jeffthephotog

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2010, 05:23:52 PM »
Two weeks from TODAY...OH MAN I CAN'T WAIT!!! The anticipation is killing me!!!
Avid fan for 42 years.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2010, 09:09:18 PM »
I am so excited that I changed my ringtone (something I never do) from the old telephone bell ringing to the Train whistle recorded from the crossing at the pottery shop....CHOO CHOOOOOO!!!!!! ;D

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2010, 09:55:14 PM »
^Oh that's a great idea! I am so gonna record sounds from SDC on my phone when I go so I can use them as message alerts and ringtones. As much as I love my Doctor Who-themed sounds, I think I've used them long enough for now.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2010, 07:26:36 AM »
Remember they have some of the sounds on the 50th web page..   I have downloaded them all to my phone.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

SteamFreak

• Hatfield
  • DO NOT pull the orange cable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2010, 12:14:10 PM »
I am so excited that I changed my ringtone (something I never do) from the old telephone bell ringing to the Train whistle recorded from the crossing at the pottery shop....CHOO CHOOOOOO!!!!!! ;D

I made that my ringtone the day I started there haha.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2010, 12:28:04 PM »
Since this thread's gotten so long, I figured I'd post a head count (from what I could glean; I'll update this post for anyone I miss) for the 18th (Thu), 19th (Fri), & 20th (Sat), so we can all work out about meeting up with our fellow SDCFans!

18th
oklaSDCfan
tinmann620
orient express
DalesDaMan3
rubedugans
jeffthephotog
slow_walker
saladdays (possibly)

19th
Swoosh
tinmann620
tinaalsgirl
DalesDaMan3 (possibly)

20th
docspeleo
tinmann620
slow_walker
adairmd
DalesDaMan3 (possibly)

Let me know if I've missed you or mis-read your plans. Looks like the 18th is gonna be the busiest for SDCFans, though the 20th looks pretty good, too.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 02:04:06 PM by tinaalsgirl »