Author Topic: Phoebe Snapp  (Read 3991 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Phoebe Snapp
« on: December 13, 2009, 02:05:12 PM »
Been doing some research about Marmaros and the Baldknobbers and the fire they supposedly started (the one FitH is based on). Well, I skimmed through the FitH thread we have here, and got interested by the mentions of the Snapp family, which I'd seen briefly mentioned on a couple sites about the Baldknobbers.

So, I went into a more in-depth search mode, and found this:

http://thelibrary.springfield.missouri.org/lochist/periodicals/wrv/v9/n5/f86d.htm

The info about the Snapp family comes about halfway down the page, and Phoebe Snapp (whose married surname was Siler) is interviewed on "page" 4.

I thought it was a very cool random piece of info that ya'll might be interested in.

Joy

sdcforever

Re: Phoebe Snapp
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 02:50:21 PM »
That is interesting.  Thanks for the link!  I know I won't look at the taffy the same way again...

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 06:36:28 PM »
THE WORST THING-CROSSED WITH THE BEST THING HAPPENED TODAY......I found that a local big-box supermarket is carrying Saltwater Taffy in thier bulk food section from the same company that supplies SDC. They are carrying the Watermelon, cinnamon, peach, and neopolitan. This is StLouis by the way...I am going to be stuffed to the gills with this stuff now! (GOOD THIING=I can get it anytime I want it...BAD THING=Ican get it anytime I want it!)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 06:37:11 PM by rubedugans »

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 07:59:30 PM »

The question...................
Is it $ 8-9 a pound like SDC?

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 08:26:03 PM »
$5-6 per lb. but you cannot mix and match

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 07:30:30 PM »
mmm...
My first job at SDC was in the taffy shop, it was down by the Train Station then.  I think taffy is $5.99lb.