Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > General Silver Dollar City Talk

The Train Holdup Skit

(1/19) > >>

RollaJedi:
I've been going to SDC since i was born.  I've always remembered the train skit where alfie and ralphie bowlin hold up the train.  Has it ever been different or is there ever any talk of changing it to something new?

Swoosh:
They will add or take out stuff depending on if they need to hurry things along or stall... but pretty much the skit has been the same for as long as I can remember.

As far as changing it, I've heard they're contemplating doing away with it all together.

shavethewhales:
It does change depending on how many trains they have going at once. I can't remember which part gets cut out on the short version, but I rode the train a few times a few weeks ago and noticed some major differences depending on the time of day and the number of trains running.

I don't think they'll do away with it altogether until they run out of space to put it. They've already had to push it back to a new location because of TGS. If they put a new coaster back there, who knows what they'll do. It would take a chunk out of the park if they did away with it though, I can't remember ever going to SDC and not being robbed on the train.

Swoosh:

--- Quote from: shavethewhales on July 29, 2009, 05:55:39 PM ---I can't remember ever going to SDC and not being robbed on the train.

--- End quote ---

Just every year during An Old Time Christmas  ;)

DeweyBald:
If they cannot get employees to take the characters a little more serious, then they should do away with it.  I was there Monday and it was just flat terrible.  There was only "Alfie" and the conductor and all they wanted to do was try to get each other to fall out of character which ended up just looking stupid out there.  Alfie was even trying to knock the conductors hat off with his "stick" during the monologue.  Very unprofessional and I might add a little embarrassing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version