Author Topic: Walk through Walt Disney World in 3D using Google Earth!  (Read 6850 times)

jeffthephotog

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: Walk through Walt Disney World in 3D using Google Earth!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 10:47:11 AM »
Holy cow...the rainmaker...wow. Talk about a blast from the past. I LOVED IT when I was a kid.
Avid fan for 42 years.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 07:00:59 PM »
The only line I remember is when he would pull someone onto it and ask, "How long have you been on the wagon?"  None of the kids got it.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 10:30:33 AM »
I also enjoyed the line the rainmaker used "I'm the seventh son of the seventh son...on both sides of the family! Hey, buddy, that's a pretty difficult thing...THINK ABOUT IT!" And I enjoyed the way the rainmaker ended his huckster speech after the rain shower by saying "Folks for $100 I'll give you a ground soaking rainstorm...for $50, a light shower...and, mister, for fifty cents, you can watch my mule slobber!" It seems I read a response to a thread on sdcfans that the reason the park officials gave for discontinuing rain maker shows is that the guy who played the original rainmaker, a long time employee, passed away, and they stopped the shows essentially in his honor, as even though many played the rain maker role, none could approach the mastering of the part by the original guy who did it. See an official SDC picture of the rainmaker at my Flickr site:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/juniordugan
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"