Author Topic: Pictures of the ice at SDC  (Read 10149 times)

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
  • My mind is always at a theme park
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures of the ice at SDC
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 07:08:42 PM »
Are they doing any ride upgardes now (adding effects or updating technology like they did in the flooded mine) at this time you are aware of?

LoveSDC

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 08:51:14 PM »
Zephon, I am not trying to be personal here and I certainly understand if you don't want to disclose information about yourself, but what exactly do you do at the park this time of year? No pressure to answer!!!!

DocSpeleo

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 02:23:26 PM »
Zephon, you got the pictures i was to afraid to get lol.. it was so icy by my house I didn't want to risk driving over to get them.. lol
i do to like walking around on the off season.... just walking around and taking it all in.  it's a truly great place.  I LOVE IT.. it's the only thing that's ever compared in happiness to my teaching career.

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2009, 07:27:35 PM »
^^^I know that they are doing some repair work in the FITH, but I'm not aware of any changes or effects upgrades on any of the rides.  That doesn't mean that they're not doing some, but just that I am out of the loop on those kinds of things and when I do hear of something it's only by chance.

^^No problem.  I and the guys I work with are doing routine maintenance work in the performance venues.  A few of us are working in the Opera House cleaning light fixtures and sound gear, and some of the crew are working on some changes on the Echo Hollow set.

^I hear ya Doc.  I love the City this time of year too.  Don't tell anyone that I went for a walk around the park for about an hour while I was supposed to be working.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

DocSpeleo

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 12:04:08 AM »
^I hear ya Doc.  I love the City this time of year too.  Don't tell anyone that I went for a walk around the park for about an hour while I was supposed to be working.

ummm.. there are some supervisors on the group.... haha
so what i read was that you were walking around and working....

there is a lot of working going on in the cave...
big things coming for the lantern tour...

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2009, 12:50:46 AM »
Very cool, I went on it once and it was a great way to see a different side of something that I have seen dozens of times before in a different way. I was the last person in the tour, and I was able to get some pretty good long exposure shots of the lanterns and motion paths etc, but I cannot locate them for the life of me! Guess I'll have to go on it again!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2009, 08:01:33 AM »
So they're putting the balloon chase in the cave like I suggested, Doc?  With lanterns?  That's going to be so awesome!  Please say it's so!
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

DocSpeleo

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2009, 12:21:18 PM »
So they're putting the balloon chase in the cave like I suggested, Doc?  With lanterns?  That's going to be so awesome!  Please say it's so!

EXACTLY!  I put in that request to an attractions supervisor.. i got only a raised eyebrow that said, "Doc, get outta here!"

lol

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2009, 06:56:56 PM »
THanks for the update Zephon.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2009, 11:31:55 AM »
They are working on the tracks in some of the areas of FITH. I would love to get a budget to work on the sets. We will see…

SteamFreak

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 12:34:55 PM »
HAHA, I'm glad the tracks were step 1...

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2009, 12:13:24 AM »
Oh, and we are supposed to get new queue gates and rails inside the building. I couldn’t stand the netting and chains they had been using the last few years. A few queue line “Wanted Posters” and signs will be added as well.

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2009, 09:31:19 AM »
I appreciate it when they give some "love" to the old favorites.