Author Topic: Ride Station Cameras  (Read 1386 times)

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Ride Station Cameras
« on: July 18, 2023, 10:38:10 AM »
Has anyone noticed the new security cameras that are in the ride stations? When the train is in the station they have bright white lights that turn on and after the train has left the station, the lights turn off. I noticed it a while ago in WildFire but noticed one in Fire in the Hole on our last trip. I assume that it is a new safety/insurance thing.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Re: Ride Station Cameras
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023, 07:27:39 PM »
They are starting to get a lot of rough clientele over the last few years so perhaps they are having problems? 

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2023, 04:06:44 PM »
I'd say it's all about gathering evidence to protect the park, the employees, and the company.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2023, 04:10:26 PM »
I'd say it's all about gathering evidence to protect the park, the employees, and the company.

That was my through too. Yesterday I noticed that the stations actually have 2 cameras, one at each end. I expect that they are for documentation too.

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2023, 11:03:41 AM »
Would be cool if they offered them as webcams so you could watch online.

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2023, 03:59:26 PM »

I mentioned having webcams to Brad Thomas once and he looked at me like I had 3 heads!   I told him that I would imagine a lot of people would like to know what crowd situation was before going for the day, or just like to watch.  He seemed a little more receptive after I explained, but didn't get the sense that he had the same feelings.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 10:10:02 AM by kbosch1 »

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2023, 04:21:36 PM »

I mentioned having webcams to Brad Thomas once and he looked at me like I had 3 heads!   I told him that I would imagine a lot of people would like to know what crows situation was before going for the day, or just like to watch.  He seemed a little more receptive after I explained, but didn't get the sense that he had the same feelings.

Watch roller coaster trains in a load station ? Uhh , kind of like watching paint dry to me. I do not believe the cost would be worth the few who would view this.

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2023, 10:25:50 AM »

I mentioned having webcams to Brad Thomas once and he looked at me like I had 3 heads!   I told him that I would imagine a lot of people would like to know what crows situation was before going for the day, or just like to watch.  He seemed a little more receptive after I explained, but didn't get the sense that he had the same feelings.

Watch roller coaster trains in a load station ? Uhh , kind of like watching paint dry to me. I do not believe the cost would be worth the few who would view this.

My thought was to have one in the square.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2023, 08:35:34 PM »
Or have one in front of Mystic River Falls to see if its actually open and operating. lol

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2023, 07:09:33 PM »
If they placed webcams throughout the city, yeah...they would be watched.  I could imagine one in GM behind the mirror!  Would be fun just to check it out from time to time.  Town square, cardiac hill, somewhere along the train path... it would be a hot item on their website.

flutas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2023, 08:44:01 AM »
Honestly, I would love to see them do something similar to Cedar Point. But I also get why they wouldn't think it's a popular idea.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/live-video

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2023, 08:50:17 AM »
I have NO desire to watch SDC's activities--it's like watching someone eating cake and ice cream while on a diet--and I have less desire than none to have my own activities monitored and broadcast via the internet.