Author Topic: SDC Logo  (Read 2473 times)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
SDC Logo
« on: June 12, 2023, 05:45:02 PM »
I just noticed on the SDC webpage that the logo in the upper left hand corner (the iconic axe and log) has SILVER DOLLAR CITY OZARK MTNS instead of Branson Missouri or just Missouri.  Has this already been discussed and I missed it?  Does anyone know why they changed it to OZARK MTNS?  Just curious.

I'm Your Huckleberry

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: SDC Logo
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 06:43:32 PM »
I just noticed on the SDC webpage that the logo in the upper left hand corner (the iconic axe and log) has SILVER DOLLAR CITY OZARK MTNS instead of Branson Missouri or just Missouri.  Has this already been discussed and I missed it?  Does anyone know why they changed it to OZARK MTNS?  Just curious.

I just noticed the same thing, yesterday.  I thought it interesting, as well.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023, 03:00:18 AM »
Also interesting to note they went back to the minimalist logo design. Though it's even more minimalist than the old one.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2023, 08:03:00 AM »
They made it "Facebook official" this morning. I posted a comment on how the bottom limb was facing the wrong direction on the new logo. My comment was swiftly silenced by the person who runs their social media. I am not sure if changing the orientation of the bottom limb was an oversight, or perhaps an artistic choice. Either way, I think the new logo is... serviceable.  ;)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2023, 08:07:20 AM »
lol, well they have to make it just different enough that they can justify their fee instead of basically just using an old logo. I love the retro simplicity though - reminds me of SDC in the 90's. Good times.

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2023, 09:10:10 AM »
I would love to see some retro items in the gift shops featuring the 1970's logo. I think SDC is missing a merchandising opportunity there.

I like the new logo MUCH better than the 2010's logo. I never cared for that one!

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2023, 02:04:11 PM »
Wow I just found the Outlaw Run "soundtrack" on youtube!  The loop of western theme songs they play in the queue line- enjoy!  Yeehaw!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xVQOU2Pn4E

I'm Your Huckleberry

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2023, 02:40:29 PM »
They made it "Facebook official" this morning. I posted a comment on how the bottom limb was facing the wrong direction on the new logo. My comment was swiftly silenced by the person who runs their social media. I am not sure if changing the orientation of the bottom limb was an oversight, or perhaps an artistic choice. Either way, I think the new logo is... serviceable.  ;)

Fixed. Took me a whole two minutes in PhotoShop. lol

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2023, 05:18:54 PM »
I would love to see some retro items in the gift shops featuring the 1970's logo. I think SDC is missing a merchandising opportunity there.

There are 70s retro items in the Ozarks Marketplace.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2023, 09:49:19 AM »

According to their multiple responses to it, it was artistic.

the branch directions are meant to signify looking ahead to our future while looking back at our past simultaneously. There’s no top or bottom on the log.

KevinLong

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2023, 10:29:12 AM »
not sure anyone analyzes the logo that closely. except maybe the maker to justify the cost.....

"""the branch directions are meant to signify looking ahead to our future while looking back at our past simultaneously. There’s no top or bottom on the log."""

my two cents

Kevin

Fergy328

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2023, 01:13:15 PM »
It's always so entertaining to me to see what incredibly corporate and frankly BS reasons companies come up with to justify every single minor detail on their new logo lol

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2023, 01:15:56 PM »
not sure anyone analyzes the logo that closely.

...except maybe us SDC super fans.  :)

KevinLong

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2023, 09:24:00 PM »
^^^^^   good point........

Kevin

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2023, 05:25:26 AM »
I am fine with it. It would make a good tattoo.. :)
Live life like it's the last day!