Author Topic: Safari Joe's H2O To Become Paradise Beach Water Park  (Read 1108 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Safari Joe's H2O To Become Paradise Beach Water Park
« on: January 25, 2023, 01:08:49 PM »
https://www.fox23.com/news/safari-joes-closes-making-way-paradise-beach-waterpark/MNE3XA6LDRFXXKFGHSE3AP42JI/

So Tulsa will finally have a decent water park at least. Sounds like these guys are ready to actually put some money into the place.

Safari Joe is an interesting character, but he seemed like a decent enough guy who has been through a lot. I'm grateful he kept this place going and cleaned it up from the Big Splash days. It's past time for some real investment in some new slides though.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Safari Joe's H2O To Become Paradise Beach Water Park
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 08:22:01 AM »
As you know, I live in Tulsa.

I can't tell you the last time I had been to "Big Splash/Safari Joes". I have kids, I might have taken them once? They don't ask to go. We would however go down to Muskogee to their little waterpark several times a year. It just seemed cleaner, more up to date and it was made up with just a couple slides, family play area, an activity pool, and lazy river.

Sounds like they might make this a place that kids and parents want to go.

Jay

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Re: Safari Joe's H2O To Become Paradise Beach Water Park
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 07:16:20 PM »
It does not matter what they do or how much they fix it up, it will never be good unless they keep the gangs out of it.