Author Topic: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 39733 times)

tmstephe

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #225 on: November 30, 2023, 08:54:23 PM »
That’s great news to have that confirmed!

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 07, 2023, 03:17:40 PM »
On Monday, SDC will announce how 36 of the final seats on Fire in the Hole will be given out. They are also going to randomly giveaway 12 seats in the park on December 30th.

The announcement will be on Facebook, Instagram, and TicTok.

The total seats being given out equals the last 4 trains on Fire in the Hole.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 02, 2024, 12:38:50 PM »
With the demolition of OG FITH coming soon, do we still anticipate this area to eventually become the new Train Depot?
You have a great past just ahead of you.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #228 on: January 02, 2024, 10:21:40 PM »
Maybe eventually, but I'm not sure what to expect next at this point. Haven't heard many rustlings lately. I think they keep the cards closer to their chest these days. A lot more people are paying attention than the old days when it was mostly just us on this obscure forum.

I still think the train station rumor makes sense. Even this year the line was wrapping into the corkscrew pass. They've gotten away with it for many years now, but if they are trying to elevate the status of the park into a major national destination, the current line situation for the biggest ride in the park is still a sore spot.

The real question for me is: if they do move the train station, does that mean FM is gone next? Probably so... They'll probably re-do the whole area from the dead space where runaway-ore-carts was all the way through the FM space when they get the chance.

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 03, 2024, 10:45:17 AM »
It feels likely. They have really been trying to reduce congestion and improve flow through the park the last few years and the line for the train makes that whole area congested.  I don't want to see Flood Mine go, but I think it really is time for it. I hope that it will get a similar treatment to Fire in the Hole and get remade with something very similar to the original but with a few updates for reliability and ease of use.

SDC posted this comment on Facebook yesterday about connecting the path from the opera house to Wilson's farm. I know they said maybe but it sure makes me think that is the plan.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #230 on: January 03, 2024, 05:15:10 PM »
SDC posted a sneak peek of the new FITH town theming. How are we feeling about this so far? Granted its still unfinished. I hope they add some weathering to the structures like the original and not copying the "clean" look they have been utilizing around areas of the park in recent years. https://www.facebook.com/sdcattractions/posts/pfbid02aZQUqNPQe6G2eUJsuABpTQqatTcnciGhaxMJjzdg9wzu7UrDMJjKJMk7t5yXgmRMl
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 05:52:42 PM by sdcfan88 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #231 on: January 04, 2024, 08:14:53 AM »
It looks incredible. They are doing a knock-out job with the theming. It's going to be like a hi-def version of the old FITH. I'm sure the final touches and details will carry it through. They definitely know what they are doing.

Jesus4me

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 04, 2024, 08:21:24 AM »
With the demolition of OG FITH coming soon, do we still anticipate this area to eventually become the new Train Depot?
Yes, I heard that is a perfect spot because of the downgrade on the track from that spot. This would allow the train instead of waiting sometimes for the show scene stickup/Christmas scene to finish to just wait in the station. It also allows the train not stop in the main part of the park. Moving the station also allows the park to add another something in its place like a flat ride like the flying scooters (pictured below) or to redo and expand the Flooded mine. I believe they will also have a new path to OutlawRun so it is not a dead end.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 08:29:49 AM by Jesus4me »

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 04, 2024, 10:22:27 AM »
^ Something themed to the 1880s Ozarks instead of flying scooters though  :)
I'm Your Huckleberry

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #234 on: January 04, 2024, 08:58:03 PM »

Don’t you know?  That’s just a ride-on version of the Cacophony Tree.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Jesus4me

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 05, 2024, 08:05:22 AM »
I always thought it would be funny to have the ride vehicles painted as pigs and call the ride when pigs fly. The ride station could be themed to a pig pen.

KevinLong

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 05, 2024, 08:18:29 AM »
Or maybe, just maybe, a space can open that returns some of the old magic back to park. Maybe move the old shingle saw and steam engine to the area and staff it. Open up some more craft spaces, corn broom making, a cooperage/ barrel maker, apple cider press, basket making or something that can help maintain the 1880's ambiance a little.

Everything lately has gotten the "ozarks theme" but with that Hollywood tongue in cheek, cheesiness. The feel of being in the 1800's is slowly leaving and becoming a shadow of what it was. Maybe that is what they want. To me immersion is a huge part of the experience.

I know these all lost crafts are hard to staff, but it should be attempted I think....

but I am old and sentimental......

my two cents.

Kevin

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 05, 2024, 09:40:57 AM »
I would second this opinion.  I love the demonstrations and continue to visit a majority of them each visit.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 05, 2024, 10:51:49 AM »
I really miss the wagon works.  I would love to work at something like that.  Believe it or not there is a high demand for wagons for tv shows, movies, etc.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Jesus4me

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 12, 2024, 07:39:22 AM »
Do you think the park will tear down the FITH building this spring or leave it standing for the 2024 season?