Author Topic: What is the deal with WW?  (Read 3687 times)

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
What is the deal with WW?
« on: May 31, 2022, 06:10:23 PM »
I caught something on Fakebook about this being the last year of WW and they bought some new property to relocate and call it dolly land or something to that effect?  Anybody heard anything about this?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: What is the deal with WW?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 09:48:17 PM »
I imagine it’s part of the master plan for the build out near the new resorts, but considering they have broken ground on any projects out there yet I highly doubt this is WW’s final season on the strip
SWOOSH

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 07:47:54 AM »
Seems like rumor mill nonsense. I’m pretty sure I saw the same post, the OP of that didn’t seem at all like a trustworthy source…. Why would they name it after Dolly? They really don’t need her name SDC is doing great on its own.

As far as closing WW to open a water park adjacent to SDC it’s possible but I can’t imagine they would close WW before the new park is ready and with no construction currently occurring, the possibility of a whole park being ready by next may is virtually zero. It could be part of a long term plan but I can’t see it happening for at least 2 years, but more likely it would be 3-5 years.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 03:24:09 PM »
People are always trying to spread these types of rumors. Back in the olden days internet messages boards for parks like these used to be rife with them. These days I guess we've learned to be a little more critical and take things with more of a grain of salt.

WW's days are probably numbered. We've discussed for years the lack of investment and challenges the property faces due to the ownership split and contracts behind the scenes. I'm sure HFEC has wanted out for a long time and it does look like there could be something on the horizon with the new property they purchased, but this won't be the last year for WW. We're probably looking about 3 years out IF they are already starting to move on it.

I'm still curious what they are doing with the CC property since they held that auction all the sudden and are obviously clearing it out after over a decade of mostly letting it sit.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 04:25:51 PM »
While logically I can see them possibly doing a new WW site around the new property closer to SDC I can also see them repurposing the old CC property since it's been an eyesore for the town all these years and they already have the infastructure in place since the park used to have a couple water rides.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2022, 07:16:48 PM »
If they do build a new water park, I wonder if it would be worth while for someone, HFE or somebody else, to keep the current WW operating?  I would think there would be enough traffic to keep 2 water parks open.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2022, 11:18:42 PM »
I'm still curious what they are doing with the CC property since they held that auction all the sudden and are obviously clearing it out after over a decade of mostly letting it sit.

It’s going to be leveled.  Everything. 

If they do build a new water park, I wonder if it would be worth while for someone, HFE or somebody else, to keep the current WW operating?  I would think there would be enough traffic to keep 2 water parks open.

I’ve heard that BPOA wants that land to expand.  I imagine the theater next door will go too since he passed
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 11:18:30 AM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2022, 01:17:11 PM »

I’ve heard trumps that BPOA wants that land to expand.  I imagine the theater next door will go too since he passed

Does that mean the church is also relocating so that the entire property can be cleared?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2022, 11:20:11 AM »

I’ve heard that BPOA wants that land to expand.  I imagine the theater next door will go too since he passed

Does that mean the church is also relocating so that the entire property can be cleared?

Not sure on that, though that would make sense.  I’m guessing acquiring the church property on the north side of the drive would be in their long range plans
SWOOSH

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2022, 04:11:12 PM »
I went to the auction this weekend - which was interesting! Take it for what it is - second hand info - but there were several conversations about a new planned resort going up on the property.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2022, 08:34:42 AM »
I have a hard time believing the park will just close.  Water parks are cash cows.  My uninformed guess is that HFE will build a new one at the new resort.  WW will somehow stay apart of the HFE offering but maybe sold in some capacity to someone else.  I think Branson can support multiple waterparks (and all the hotel parks).
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"