Author Topic: 2022 Crowds / Trip Reports  (Read 20764 times)

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 Crowds / Trip Reports
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2022, 07:13:08 PM »
When I rode Outlaw Run in May I didn't find it horrible and there doesn't seem to be many complaints on this board or the other Branson websites. But Ross Hudson on the RMC Connoisseurs Facebook page gave it horrible reviews yesterday.

Comparing Outlaw Run to Hades, saying OR is non rideable, will not be back, etc. (not that we care if Ross comes back or not). Joe Wendel from SDC got on the thread to defend the ride, maintenance crews, park, etc....as well as most of the other people in the 80 comments.

I personally find the ride very enjoyable and intense in it's current state and think SDC does a fine job maintaining such a forceful wooden coaster. You guys feel the same or do you think Ross has a legitimate gripe?

Jay

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2022, 07:38:04 PM »
I have ridden it a bunch of times and I liked it but really do not ride it anymore as I find the restraint system to be uncomfortable on my legs.  If it had older the shoulder restraints I would ride it quite a bit more.  I have not been on it at all this year and I do not think I was last year either.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2022, 08:08:27 AM »
When I rode Outlaw Run in May I didn't find it horrible and there doesn't seem to be many complaints on this board or the other Branson websites. But Ross Hudson on the RMC Connoisseurs Facebook page gave it horrible reviews yesterday.

Comparing Outlaw Run to Hades, saying OR is non rideable, will not be back, etc. (not that we care if Ross comes back or not). Joe Wendel from SDC got on the thread to defend the ride, maintenance crews, park, etc....as well as most of the other people in the 80 comments.

I personally find the ride very enjoyable and intense in it's current state and think SDC does a fine job maintaining such a forceful wooden coaster. You guys feel the same or do you think Ross has a legitimate gripe?

Jay

Agreed..

Remember..  a "review"  is the same as an "opinion"..   They are going to vary, and you are not going to agree all the time..

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2022, 08:11:43 AM »
My family visits both Holiday World and SDC regularly. I won't ride the wooden coasters at Holiday World. They kill me. Way too rough. Outlaw Run is a walk in the park compared to the wooden coasters at Holiday World. I enjoy riding on Outlaw Run every time I come to the city.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2022, 02:08:36 PM »
Yeah, I may finally be at that point where I'm going to have to stay away from the rougher coasters.  My back doesn't like TnT, OR, or even TT at this point.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Fergy328

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2022, 11:51:51 PM »
Outlaw Run is perfectly fine for me if I ride in the front 2-3 cars. Back half of the train though...way different story.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2022, 10:08:52 AM »
Outlaw Run is perfectly fine for me if I ride in the front 2-3 cars. Back half of the train though...way different story.

I hypothesize that the middle of the train is the smoothest position and only in the morning, before the track heats up in the sun, but I don't think I'm going to conduct any more tests to make any sufficient conclusions on my research.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2022, 12:36:32 PM »
We only ride OR in the front row.  We’re only ride TNT in the middle row of a car. 
SWOOSH

SDCisHome

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2022, 10:51:23 AM »
Anyone know why PK is closed? I’ve noticed on the app it’s been down and am at the park today and the sign by the ticket booths say it’s not operating today…

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2022, 09:31:54 PM »
Anyone know why PK is closed? I’ve noticed on the app it’s been down and am at the park today and the sign by the ticket booths say it’s not operating today…

I swear I read somewhere (I forget where now) that it was supposed to be getting a new train.  Maybe they’re in the process of getting it certified to run?  Don’t quote me, but I swear I read that somewhere
SWOOSH

SDCisHome

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2022, 10:14:07 PM »
Ahh…that could explain it. I was with a group today and we left around 5:30. I noticed on the app around 7:30 that PK had a 20 minute wait, so I’m guessing it opened in the evening. I’ll be back Saturday evening so hopefully will get to ride then.

MRF didn’t open until around 2:45 today. Our group got in line when the water started rushing through the channel and waited about 40 minutes for it to open…not sure what it’s problem was.

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2022, 05:11:24 PM »
The cable broke/snapped on the launch, and it took them several tries over the course of Sunday/Monday to fix it

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2022, 08:35:11 AM »
I did notice that there were 2 full trains in the garage at PowderKeg last night when we were headed back to the station.

SDCisHome

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2022, 12:39:13 AM »
Just had a wonderful night at Moonlight Madness. We arrived about 6:30 and left at 11:30. The crowds were very manageable as we got a couple of tasting passports and used all the punches, watched the Echo Hollow show and fireworks, and rode several rides (TNT, FITH, FM, WF and the Train). It was a very nice night in the Ozarks. Now bring on Pumpkin Nights!

The only things I would comment about is Flooded Mine needs some TLC and Grandfather’s Mansion was like Grandfather’s Sauna…it felt like the heat was blasting in that place.

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2022, 10:27:06 AM »
At the park yesterday. Was the crowd that I’d expect for southern gospel fest probably 6,000-8,000 people and a thousand of them just came for the Issac’s concert in echo hollow. Most of the crowd was 50+, there were fewer homeschool families than I’ve seen at past SGF. Most rides were walk on or very nearly walk on. The only times it felt crowded was walking through an area where a show was starting or ending. Food lines were also almost nonexistent. I would say it was only like 4,000-5,000 people but echo hollow was almost full, so I think total attendance was a little higher than it felt like walking around.

I had my little kids with me so we mostly rode rides in grand expo and fireman’s landing, I noticed on several rides they were giving the full or in some cases any of the pre ride instructions. It stood out to me because that has not been my experience in the past even on slow days. It also seemed like a lot of the staff was less friendly and not as interested in engaging customers. It was still a great day at the city.

I did get a couple pictures of new FITH, I’ll post those in the 2023 project thread. Also had a good view of foggy hollow from fire spotter balloons that I’ll share in the 2022 project thread, no pictures because of the loose articles rules for fire spotter.