Author Topic: Osage Beach, MO Wild Mouse  (Read 2689 times)

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Osage Beach, MO Wild Mouse
« on: May 06, 2021, 04:39:03 AM »
Wondering if anyone remembers this coaster. It was located on the strip in Osage Beach Missouri and it opened around 1968 and closed at some point in the late 80’s I believe. It stood abandoned till it was torn down around 1998-99. I believe it was part of the former Hillbilly Town park but was actually located across the street? Anyone remember this or even better anyone actually remember riding it!?
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Osage Beach, MO Wild Mouse
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 10:46:16 AM »
Remember it well..
Used to go to Osage Beach area, twice a year to play.    (before it was so commercialized), 

Haven been there for over 30 years probably..  (yes, i am old)..

theymitbgi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 12:22:10 AM »
I never remember this place being open and we were regular LOTO visitors beginning in the late 80's, so I'm guessing it closed mid 80's or earlier.  Also I would call this area "the Strip" when referring to LOTO.  For me "the Strip" refers to the Bagnell Dam area, with 10 cent skeeball, old arcades, and lots of the kitchy tourist stuff.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2021, 04:20:17 PM »
I never remember this place being open and we were regular LOTO visitors beginning in the late 80's, so I'm guessing it closed mid 80's or earlier.  Also I would call this area "the Strip" when referring to LOTO.  For me "the Strip" refers to the Bagnell Dam area, with 10 cent skeeball, old arcades, and lots of the kitchy tourist stuff.

Yes,  The "strip" was a real tourist trap..  i do remember playing lots of Skeeball and arcades there.  used to stay at a place just up the lake from the Dam,  cant remember the name... this was back in the 60-late70's