Author Topic: Fall numbers  (Read 3247 times)

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Fall numbers
« on: October 12, 2020, 11:28:05 AM »
Planning on a visit this weekend.  Is SDC still limiting the amount of guests in the park?  I know they quit the reservation requirements for season pass holders, but I never heard if they are still limiting numbers.  I know it will probably be busy since Oklahoma is on fall break this weekend, but as an educator, this is the only time I can get off at this time of year....so I just have to put up with it.

Citydweller84

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: Fall numbers
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 02:57:44 PM »
The capacity limits are still in place. Last weekend they were posting messages on Facebook advising people to come later because they were quickly approaching capacity.

SDCisHome

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 10:28:37 AM »
I went to the park last Saturday (Oct. 10) around 5 p.m. and they were letting people in and to my knowledge they did not turn anyone away nor halt park entry during the afternoon. We had to buy a single day ticket for a friend and they were still selling them at the park, but not online. The crowd inside the park did not seem too large. The longest line we waited in was the train. Powder Keg was about 20 minutes with two trains. MRF seemed to have a long line, but it was inconsistently open and closed all evening.

I am from Oklahoma as well and am planning to go to the park again this coming Saturday (Oct. 17). The weather in Branson is supposed to be a little cooler than last week. As a season pass holder, I still have make reservations. I know they're not needed, but figured it couldn't hurt. I'd encourage anyone to not let the park capacity discourage you from going. Pumpkin nights is really a sight to see and well worth the visit.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 10:55:26 PM »
Speaking of MRF, when does it close down for the season?  Or has it already?  Thinking about making a trip up this weekend or next.  This will be the first time we have been able to go since July due to major repairs to a rental house the last renters tore up.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 11:00:31 PM »
Last I recall MRF closes with the conclusion of Pumpkin Nights.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 07:41:46 AM »
Last I recall MRF closes with the conclusion of Pumpkin Nights.

That sound accurate..  Water rides are closed during the Christmas Season.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 07:16:11 PM »
I am not sure I am going to be able to make it this month after all.  I should have just rolled my passes over as I we have only been this year twice.  Normally we are there at least once or twice a month.