Author Topic: ROLL CALL: When you going to the park?  (Read 21832 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: ROLL CALL: When you going to the park?
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2020, 06:41:25 AM »
Well....

Six Flags did the right thing last night and extended season passes through the entire 2021 season (including all add-ons).   Cedar Fair (Worlds of Fun) announced the same thing earlier this season. 

Two major corporations have done the right thing for their guests.

and then there’s Herchend Family Entrainment.
“Passholders will receive a special promotional price on extending their passes until the end of 2021”

Cut the crap and do the right thing for your loyal season passholders.  Extend the passes until the end of 2021
SWOOSH

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2020, 11:35:58 AM »
Well....

Six Flags did the right thing last night and extended season passes through the entire 2021 season (including all add-ons).   Cedar Fair (Worlds of Fun) announced the same thing earlier this season. 

“Passholders will receive a special promotional price on extending their passes until the end of 2021”

Cut the crap and do the right thing for your loyal season passholders.  Extend the passes until the end of 2021

Dollywood has announced their pass extension offer and I expect SDC to do something similar. I think that giving the option to rollover your pass with no fees, get a refund or pay a lower price to extend through all of 2021 is completely fair and reasonable.
https://www.dollywood.com/Tickets/Season-Passes/Current-Passholders

PastorDon

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2020, 11:59:26 AM »
Hi everyone! It has been many moons since I have been here but PastorDon is back! My adult son and I are planning a trip to SDC in a couple of weeks and plan to be there the weekend of October 10-11. I have looked at all the covid stuff on the SDC website and realize that at this point it looks like we will have to wear masks. (We're considering just using large handkerchiefs.)
I wanted to get the word on the ground about just how things are this season from folks who have been there. So my questions are:
1. How strict are they about the mask thing?
2. What is the general atmosphere in the park with covid restrictions?
3. If we get there first thing in the morning before the park is fully open, will there be any problems as far as getting in due to capacity issues?
4. Any other advice about how to make our visit more pleasant?
I look forward to hearing from you.
In His grip!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2020, 04:33:09 AM »
Well....

Dollywood has announced their pass extension offer and I expect SDC to do something similar. I think that giving the option to rollover your pass with no fees, get a refund or pay a lower price to extend through all of 2021 is completely fair and reasonable.
https://www.dollywood.com/Tickets/Season-Passes/Current-Passholders

If that’s the same pricing for SDC, that’s literally more than I pay for a full year
SWOOSH

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2020, 05:47:30 AM »
Dollywood's season pass is $139 a year so basically they are wanting a bit over half to extend the pass. I tried to find the season pass price on the SDC website and it isn't showing as an option anywhere I could find. My recollection is it was around $110 for this year (?), so my guess is SDC will want $59 for the extra 6 months

Still seems like they should just allow it to work all year... but they are hurting for money I would imagine with the huge ride cash outlay

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2020, 12:47:41 PM »
Will be 2021 before we go back to SDC. We filled out the season pass rollover form earlier this month.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2020, 12:58:41 PM »
Dollywood's season pass is $139 a year so basically they are wanting a bit over half to extend the pass. I tried to find the season pass price on the SDC website and it isn't showing as an option anywhere I could find. My recollection is it was around $110 for this year (?), so my guess is SDC will want $59 for the extra 6 months

Still seems like they should just allow it to work all year... but they are hurting for money I would imagine with the huge ride cash outlay

With tax our 2020 season passes were 122.03 for each adult pass- we bought 3.
I'm Your Huckleberry