Author Topic: Paula Deen's Restaurant Opening Day?  (Read 19835 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Paula Deen's Restaurant Opening Day?
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2019, 07:13:06 PM »
I was at the Hilton Anatole last week in Dallas for 2 days.

Anyway on to Paula Deen.  Just got back to the hotel after eating there.  We arrived at around 5:15 and the place was busy but not packed like I would suspect it would be on a weekend.  We were seated in about 20 minutes.  Food was decent but not breathtaking.  We ordered the meatloaf, chicken and dumplins, and the catfish with mashed potatoes, green beans, yams, and broccoli casserole.  The meatloaf was good.  dumplins were OK, catfish was ok but kind of soggy.  The sides were good except for the broccoli, it was mostly huge stems where were very hard and undercooked.  Very little greenery.  The menu said nothing about drink prices so I assumed it came with it.  We had tea and when the bill came it turns out drinks are $3.50.  WOW.  Bill after $9 tip was $67 for 2 people.  Sure glad it was a business dinner and I was not paying.  I can now say I have been there and have no need to go back.

that's what i have been hearing...    HEY!!  what about dessert?  take any home..!?

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2019, 10:57:45 PM »
Yeah you are paying for the name.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2019, 08:47:51 AM »
Yea, all the meals come with desert.  I got the chocolate cake which I took back to the hotel and ate later.  BTW, they have nothing to go, so if you have food leftover you can't take it with you, it gets thrown away.  They do not even have to go cups to take with you after spending $3.50 on a drink.  If you do go, get water.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2019, 05:58:16 PM »
Yea, all the meals come with desert.  I got the chocolate cake which I took back to the hotel and ate later.  BTW, they have nothing to go, so if you have food leftover you can't take it with you, it gets thrown away.  They do not even have to go cups to take with you after spending $3.50 on a drink.  If you do go, get water.

Well this IS an upscale dining restaurant, not a chain restaurant.  Very few (if any) upscale dining restaurants have "doggie bags" and "to-go cups"
SWOOSH

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2019, 07:36:35 AM »

If there are no to go boxes how did you take the cake back to the hotel? Did they have paper napkins?

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2019, 04:26:28 PM »
They let you take the cake to go.