Author Topic: Ride wait time App.  (Read 3332 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Ride wait time App.
« on: July 05, 2018, 04:24:51 PM »
Last weekend I was having trouble with the App in general. It never updated and actually said several attractions were down for the season. The rest were waiting on updates. I updated it and killed it several times but still no luck.
Is the App. even functional ?  I am using the latest version of IOS.  As it stands the App is worthless unless I am missing something.

Thoughts, Ideas ?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Ride wait time App.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 07:07:09 PM »
Only thing I use it for is the showtimes
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 07:37:37 PM »
Yeah noticed that too and I am on the Android version, I miss the old app, it was much better refined in terms of functionality for that. I feel like this one is a bit of a downgrade.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 10:12:31 PM »
Every time I check the app on my iPhone or iPad it seems to work fine, but who knows if the ride times I see are actually accurate.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 09:22:54 AM »
I've noticed that the wait times on it are horribly inaccurate or often times not available.  I don't even both with that anymore except to see if a ride is open or closed.  That's about as accurate as it gets.

Even showtimes aren't necessarily accurate either.  last time I was there the app didn't have the saloon show listed at all, under any name.  I thought at first they didn't have it that day- until we walked by and people were lining up to get in to the show.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 07:06:36 PM »
I was looking at the app the other day from the house just to see how busy the rides were during the holiday weekend.  It said many rides had 0 minute wait which I know there could be no way they had not wait on a holiday weekend.