Author Topic: Fire In the Hole/Flooded Mine  (Read 20161 times)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Fire In the Hole/Flooded Mine
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2018, 05:56:17 PM »
Excellent comments on this thread!  You are all very much correct about these classics are what brings a lot of us back year after year.  PTB listen up!  We are SDC's biggest fans!
I'm Your Huckleberry

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2018, 09:20:03 PM »
I noticed on my visit today to FM, at the part where the explosion happens and water floods down from above, the explosion part seems to be working again with water blowing up from below right before the water coming from above.  In the part where the guy is trying to pump the water out and it used to come out of the pipe he was turning the pump on, that part does not work.  I don't recall any of the music playing anywhere thru the ride.  The pond out from that now has all the new buildings in front of it is starting to look more like a stagnant sewer pond. Also, I thought we were going to get stuck on it at one point.  Coming out of the station the boats seemed to have gotten stuck for a minute.  Also seemed to be moving slower than normal all during the ride.  I rode it again later and did not notice this.  On another note, the guy with the long grey hair and beard who used to work at FM was playing Alfie the train robber today. I guess he moved over there.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2018, 09:52:18 PM »
Yeah I too wished they could clean up and fix the outdoor part. Along with that area giving the "sewer pond" impression I have noticed for quite some time that the audio where they yell "Fire!" and the blast sound fx from the little gunboat has seldom worked along with the water jet simulating a shot hitting the water.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2018, 11:25:53 PM »
The outdoor effects will never happen again due to the new dining area — and since the water out there is stagnant due to no longer having that blast you get the sewer water. 
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2018, 09:35:04 AM »
The outdoor effects will never happen again due to the new dining area — and since the water out there is stagnant due to no longer having that blast you get the sewer water.

They will need to put in a couple of small fountains, or something to circulate water to eliminate this problem.. Then it  would be fine and look good..

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2018, 02:16:00 PM »
A good algicide treatment also. It is so bad now it needs to be killed off. A definite eyesore.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2018, 07:27:30 PM »
A good algicide treatment also. It is so bad now it needs to be killed off. A definite eyesore.

The heat makes algae grow quickly.  It’s been stupid hot here lately
SWOOSH

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2018, 10:26:37 PM »
Was disappointed today the music wasn't playing in Fire in the Hole.  Asked one of the ride ops why and all he said was "sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't".
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 06:40:23 AM by U Smell Smoke »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2018, 01:05:05 AM »
Was disappointed today the music wasn't playing in Fire in the Hole.  Asked one of the ride ops why and all he said was " sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't".

Antiquated sound cards in both FM/FITH are nearing the end of their shelf lives.  It just needs to be completely rewired and upgraded but that costs money and there’s not much ROI in doing that
SWOOSH

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2018, 09:08:02 PM »
Yes, the last time I rode FITH there was no much or sounds at all except the part about the stolen pants.  There was no bridge collapse or train horn noise.

ThemeParkFan

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2018, 10:48:58 PM »
Truly sad that this is the case. Dollywood has been able to refurbish Blazing Fury recently, and while I wish they had kept the water splash, overall the ride was looking much fresher when I last saw it. I would hope they would see the ROI in reinvesting; Six Flags over Georgia and Knott's refurbed their signature dark rides to great success not that long ago, and it would be short-sighted to not consider doing that during an off year. I think they might be surprised at how effective it can be at reviving interest in the classics.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2018, 04:53:41 PM »
Rode both today and there was no soundtracks/ music on both.  FITH had the Ned Flanders line and the "Fire in the Hole" on the drop, but pretty much no other sounds.

Flooded mine had none of the sound track working at all.

it was really odd with both of them being so quiet.  And kind of sad.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2018, 05:08:35 PM »
Agreed Sirwillow.  When we were there last week it just felt weird or hollow without the music.  The experience was definitely different. I think odd and sad are two good words to sum it up.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 04:10:56 AM by U Smell Smoke »

TheCrazyScarecrow

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2018, 12:55:05 AM »
I've been down here this last week. During my rides on both rides, I have seen many of the problems addressed in the forum.

Fire in the Hole doesn't have the song playing throughout the ride though everything else was working just fine. Come to think of it, maybe the saloon song and Baldknobber gun shots weren't on either. I'm fine with my barrel dumping Baldknobber getting his "Here's a barrel of laughs!". As long as that line is running I'm good.

Flooded Mine at the beginning of the week had the jackhammer for the jackhammer inmate missing and the inmate cranking his busted pipe had his arm unattached. I rode it yesterday and the jackhammer was back and cranking inmate had his arm back on his busted pipe though he wasn't cranking. Also, there is a random head sitting in the cell with the inmate giving another inmate a bust on his shoulder, the saw scene seems to be off, and the "I'm getting outta here!" inmates head is turnt quite well to hide his broken neck.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2018, 01:38:54 PM »
Rode FITH Saturday and it was just sad. No music and I am pretty sure Red Flanders was gone. If not gone he wasn't functioning.  We did not do TFM so not sure about it.