Author Topic: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 148389 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2019, 10:35:28 AM »
If you can’t tell what you’re looking at.  Rib House is now gone. 
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2019, 11:33:46 AM »
If you can’t tell what you’re looking at.  Rib House is now gone.

We knew that would be gone right away..  LOL.   Looks like everything is stripped out right up to the walkway..

Amazing what they can tear up when they dont have to worry about "tomorrow".  LOL

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2019, 04:05:08 PM »
Apparently it was completely gone as of Thursday afternoon last week
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2019, 05:40:01 PM »
Apparently it was completely gone as of Thursday afternoon last week

No surprise, with the equipment they have on site..

2 days for building demo? no problem. ;D

I am still intriqued the "saved" Super structure is still standing....

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 10, 2019, 07:31:05 AM »
^cease and desist incoming in 3...2...  lol

Is that the same guy that shut the park down a while back because of his drone?

LOL,  I dont know.. 
I just thought it was humorous, that we were just discussing pics after park closing and this showed up on another website.. ::)

You can tell the pilot is across the street (76) from the park.  I think as long as he doesn't go into the space above they cant do much.    I may be wrong but aerial views are not illegal.

Obviousdramatic

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 10, 2019, 08:51:43 AM »
I think its illegal to fly a drone over Disney parks. It seems I read it's a no fly zone. Period. Direct orders from FAA. But the internet trends to lie, so......
If this is true, could SDC have same no fly zone rights?

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 10, 2019, 09:12:38 AM »
I think its illegal to fly a drone over Disney parks. It seems I read it's a no fly zone. Period. Direct orders from FAA. But the internet trends to lie, so......
If I am not mistaken WDW became a no fly zone on 9/11.  I dont believe that SDC has the same restrictions.  But this drone pilot was not on property or over it.  Parked at the lot across 76 from maintenance area.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 10, 2019, 03:02:59 PM »
If I am not mistaken WDW became a no fly zone on 9/11.  I dont believe that SDC has the same restrictions.  But this drone pilot was not on property or over it.  Parked at the lot across 76 from maintenance area.

Agreed... 

Dont be surprised if some close up pics show up from local helicopter rides...  Gotta love those Zoom lenses..

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2019, 06:11:17 PM »
Didn't someone try flying a drone over the park a few years ago? I know I read that somewhere.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2019, 08:57:31 PM »
Didn't someone try flying a drone over the park a few years ago? I know I read that somewhere.

The issue there was the park was prepping to open to the public. 
SWOOSH

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2019, 12:36:42 PM »
I am a tad sad to see lost river go but excited about what could be done there. No reason it cant still be a hopping riverfront. I hope they keep the rock stream that ran down by the dockside and dont see why they couldnt.

Of all this, the part that hurts the most is honestly losng the Dockside theatre. I really liked that place and it was set up so well by the stream and lost river, etc. was my favorite venue to watch a show. Liked the big sign up above and the wood benches, too.
And I am kind of surprised they could do away with it and still have space for shows, I have to believe they replace it with a new one somewhere. But I guess this makes the cajun connection decision make more sense.

I was sure to watch them twice and walk around that area when I visited in December.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

msu24

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 23, 2019, 09:07:37 AM »
Maybe we did and I missed it, but I kind of wish we got some sort of warning or foreshadow that LR would be demolished/taken out. For some people, LR is their favorite ride and it's probably sad for them to come to the park and it all of a sudden be gone or not get their last ride on it.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #162 on: January 23, 2019, 12:42:30 PM »
Maybe we did and I missed it, but I kind of wish we got some sort of warning or foreshadow that LR would be demolished/taken out. For some people, LR is their favorite ride and it's probably sad for them to come to the park and it all of a sudden be gone or not get their last ride on it.

I thought the same thing originally, but no matter what people would be upset about the ride closing so I don’t think it actually matters much if they announce it closing or not.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 23, 2019, 01:05:55 PM »

I thought the same thing originally, but no matter what people would be upset about the ride closing so I don’t think it actually matters much if they announce it closing or not.

Keep in mind they did not close the ride early...
they finished the season,
when Old time Christmas started,
they boarded it up and started the Dozers>!!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 23, 2019, 02:56:09 PM »

Well... we had been saying on here that it was going to happen most of the season.   Those posts probably got buried by the peanut gallery’s normal noise but they were there.  Pretty much at the start of the season. 
SWOOSH