Author Topic: Lighting Rod's Continued Issues  (Read 13839 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Lighting Rod's Continued Issues
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2021, 09:24:10 AM »
So Lightning Rod apparently straight up crashed last week. It reportedly "launched backwards" at the start and the train went backwards into the station and bumped into an incoming train pretty hard. Not hard enough to cause serious injury, but hard enough that people are complaining about bruises and headaches. This is AFTER a huge overhaul, and 5 years after this thing was built. Has it ever really operated for a full season? I know the first year was basically a wash, and several other years it has been down more than up.

I don't know what they can do at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if they tear it out because of how much of a cost sink and liability it is.

flutas

• View Profile
Re: Lighting Rod's Continued Issues
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2021, 02:17:10 PM »
So Lightning Rod apparently straight up crashed last week. It reportedly "launched backwards" at the start and the train went backwards into the station and bumped into an incoming train pretty hard. Not hard enough to cause serious injury, but hard enough that people are complaining about bruises and headaches. This is AFTER a huge overhaul, and 5 years after this thing was built. Has it ever really operated for a full season? I know the first year was basically a wash, and several other years it has been down more than up.

I don't know what they can do at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if they tear it out because of how much of a cost sink and liability it is.

I wonder if it was a true backwards launch, or a rollback.

Either way, something is broken there, as it should have had rollback brakes to prevent the train from going back into another vehicle.