Author Topic: Christmas attendence  (Read 6324 times)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas attendence
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2016, 09:05:56 AM »
Every day this week there's been an update on the SDC app that park hours were extended to 10pm.  Normal closing would have been at 9pm.
I'm Your Huckleberry

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2016, 10:28:04 AM »
weather had been picture perfect this week.. last night in branson about 830.. it was still 63 degrees!!

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2016, 05:41:36 PM »
 :o is it possible for a train to leave the station every ten minutes? Every time I check it's usually 20 or 30 minutes. I have never seen ten. And hours were extended for the fourth day in a row today.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2016, 06:34:49 PM »
Looks like thursday is going to be about 16,000.   

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2016, 06:45:41 PM »
:o is it possible for a train to leave the station every ten minutes? Every time I check it's usually 20 or 30 minutes. I have never seen ten. And hours were extended for the fourth day in a row today.

During Christmas, yes it is possible.  During the rest of the year, no.  A train leaving every 20 or 30 minutes means they are running one train, which is normal during the spring, summer, and fall.  But because of the very large crowds wanting to ride during the Christmas season they'll run 2 trains during it.  If there's 2 trains, then yes, it's every 10 minutes that it's leaving.

I doubt that you'll see it at any time other than Christmas though, because to do it requires a rather large increase in staffing, and the lines to justify that are only close on the busiest of summer Saturdays and almost no other time.  So even though with the engines they recently bought they could have the equipment, they're not likely to be willing to pay for the increase in wages and fuel to do it at any time other than Christmas.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2016, 08:05:45 PM »
Really only 16k there today (Thursday)? I left just before 6 and had come from wonderful life to the pizza place then out when the pizza place was too busy. It was hard to walk. You could walk but my patience was wearing thin....

Did not help that I had an encounter DURING dickens with people sitting next to me... kind of messed up the day

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2016, 07:30:05 AM »
Really only 16k there today (Thursday)? I left just before 6 and had come from wonderful life to the pizza place then out when the pizza place was too busy. It was hard to walk. You could walk but my patience was wearing thin....

Did not help that I had an encounter DURING dickens with people sitting next to me... kind of messed up the day

Always hate bad days at SDC,  But your next trip will be better.. :D

Yes, Thursday, 17,200.   

This is it, FRiday!!  Get there if your going!!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2016, 08:07:54 AM »
Friday- 16,500,

expected more...  great day, great year, 

come on march 2017!!