Author Topic: White Water Rumors and Speculation  (Read 5591 times)

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
White Water Rumors and Speculation
« on: August 07, 2016, 03:51:00 PM »
I have heard a bit about possibly moving WW or moving the parking to expand. But I havent heard anything like ride rumors. Are there any rumors that are closer related to future rides coming in, rides going out, or anything actually inside the park itself?

I want somewhere we can talk about this kind of stuff for WW, like we do about SDC. Hopefully now I will start hearing rumors and can start talking about them.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 03:53:32 PM by Laroy »

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
Re: White Water Rumors and Speculation
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 05:32:43 PM »
I think White Water kind of gets buried with all the speculating going on with the new project(s) at SDC in 2017/2018.

We all agree on this as it has been stated many times that White Water is landlocked and needs to be moved in order to grow. If it were to move, it would probably be to the old CC site, but it would be better for SDC to move it out by the theme park and add an on-site hotel with some restaurants. Then people wouldn't have to go to Branson if they didn't want to.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 08:45:00 PM »
Can they take out some of the parking or move the parking to a different place? I heard a few years back they bought out what is now the ball park, but Im not sure if that is true because nobody, even the ball park company, is doing anything with it. Its just fenced off.

The 4 lane road seems useless to me. Can they make it into 2 lanes and use that little area? Also, it seemed weird that they took out the Bermuda Triangle just to put Kapau partly over where it used to be. I remember exactly where Bermuda Triangle was and I think it could have stayed and fit under the Kapau tower. Now I see some empty space in that area where I think a slide could fit. I also miss the old Tidal Pool slide. I think they might have been able to keep it too while building Waikiki wave. I still look at the big rock and plunge area and think about it every time I walk by.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 08:51:50 PM by Laroy »

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 12:53:23 PM »
Can they take out some of the parking or move the parking to a different place? I heard a few years back they bought out what is now the ball park, but Im not sure if that is true because nobody, even the ball park company, is doing anything with it. Its just fenced off.

The 4 lane road seems useless to me. Can they make it into 2 lanes and use that little area? Also, it seemed weird that they took out the Bermuda Triangle just to put Kapau partly over where it used to be. I remember exactly where Bermuda Triangle was and I think it could have stayed and fit under the Kapau tower. Now I see some empty space in that area where I think a slide could fit. I also miss the old Tidal Pool slide. I think they might have been able to keep it too while building Waikiki wave. I still look at the big rock and plunge area and think about it every time I walk by.

Laroy, Ballparks of America is hosting tournaments this year. Not sure where you are getting the information that they are not using it. Anyway I think Herschend soes not own the land WW sits on. They just lease it.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 06:09:48 PM »
^^^^What she said, fact and fact.
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 11:28:19 AM »
I know they are leasing it. I saw on an old thread on here that they bought or leased the red roof mall after it closed, but i dont know if its true since the ballpark has had the sign there for a while. It seems like they might be doing something now, but it hasnt looked different for years, apart from the fence.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 11:32:37 AM »
Most employees forget about or dont consider the lockers next to Waikiki Wave since they are so old. The only rumor I have heard is that they might take them out and replace them with new ones. If they are still there next year, I will use 1 of them because I found an open one with no key lock in it, but it does have a place to put a padlock. I will just use it since I usually cary a padlock with me. Employees told me that there were no free lockers, but they must have overlooked this one.