Author Topic: The Newbies Thread  (Read 178744 times)

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: The Newbies Thread
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2010, 08:01:13 PM »
Yeah, it has to do with post numbers. I *think* the first "promotion" is at 50 posts, but don't quote me on that.
Alrighty Then...Guess I'm not too far away and this will get me one closer...Thanks so much for the response...
Colorado SDC Fan

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2010, 11:52:35 PM »
Hey, look at that! You're now a Jr. Citizen! Congrats!

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2010, 06:33:15 PM »
Hey, look at that! You're now a Jr. Citizen! Congrats!
Thanks...It feels good
Colorado SDC Fan

coasterjedi

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2010, 07:33:22 PM »
I am a longtime lurker. Love the forum. Great place to get all the sdc news. I have been going to the park each year since I was tiny, sometimes four times a year. Love it at Christmas time. We were even married there.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2011, 11:11:09 AM »
Howdy coasterjedi!

You will find several people here who have been attending Silver Dollar City since they were in diapers, myself included. Either all of our parents have similar interest, or Silver Dollar City truly is a great place.

Welcome aboard. :)

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2011, 11:34:15 AM »
Hey Everyone,
My name is Erik, and I am 23 years old. I found and became a member of this site in November 2010. I was looking up random history on SDC when this site popped up with info. I am so glad that I found this site, I have visited it everyday since; and I am actually more addicted to it than Facebook now! haha
My screen name is DollarCityBoy because when I was little, I use to call it "Dollar City" for some reason. I also use to call the Ball Pit "New Balls," and that name stuck for many years. I called it "New Balls" because they use to be brown, and then they changed them to blue.
I have been going to SDC since I was a baby. My family lives in Arkansas (about a 3-4 hour drive for us). My parents have been Season Pass holders for about 30 years now. I have many wonderful memories of SDC with my parents and grandmother, who often came with us. She passed away this last year, and we miss her terribly. She was 92. When she would come with us, she would often ride The Flooded Mine; she just got her cane and hopped in those ore boats like it was nothing!  :) It was a sentimental Christmas for us, as we watched the Tree lighting ceremony, her favorite was "carol of the bells." I remembered all the years we would watch the tree with her, and I thought what a wonderful view she must have from Heaven.
I have been married for just over a year now, and it has been fun to create new memories with my wife.
Silver Dollar City is apart of my life, its apart of my family. I am thankful to have this site to share with others "Memories that are worth repeating."
You have a great past just ahead of you.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2011, 12:23:09 PM »
Welcome...  We are glad you are here.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2011, 12:39:15 PM »
Hey there Erik!

Be careful as SDCFans.com is very addictive! I have thought about checking into SDCFans.com Anonymous to rehabilitate myself from this website. So far, it hasn’t been working! ;)

You mentioned you were from Arkansas. Several people on these forums including myself are also from Arkansas. Currently I live in Little Rock, and I get to enjoy old Highway 65 all the way to Branson.

Silver Dollar City truly is a family affair, and it is a wonderful place to create traditions. I am glad to hear that you, and your wife had started your very own family traditions.

Welcome aboard! ;D

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2011, 01:12:47 PM »
Nice to have you! I found it a few years back, and think of all the things I could've gotten done if I weren't on here all the time! ENJOY!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2011, 05:09:03 PM »
Eric, Junior says "howdy!" :)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2011, 12:28:54 PM »
Howdy Erik!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2011, 03:04:55 PM »
welcome all.  ENJOY!!

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2011, 08:04:04 PM »
I've been on here for about a month, but just found this thread.

I found this site while doing a search for something about Silver Dollar City although I don't remember exactly what. I stumbled across it a couple more times while searching for some history of SDC and that's when I started really reading the posts. I lurked for about 6 months, became fascinated with Rube's limitless collection of memorabilia, and finally decided to join to ask a question about some viewmaster reels I had just bought.

We are a family of 6, 3 teenagers and and 4 year old and are on 3rd year of having season passes. We first visited as a family in '01 on our first trip to Branson. It seems odd now that we never went there before since we're only a few hours away, but since we've certainly fell in love with Stone and Taney counties as well as SDC and make 5-6 trips or more a year now. We went to CC once while they were open, have been to Talking Rocks, Ride the Ducks and Dixie Stampede numerous times. Have never been to WW or BB. I have vague memories of my dad talking me to SDC when I was probably 8 or 9 in the late 70's. About the only thing I really remember is FITH, and I think that's why I love it so much now.

Yes, I too have found how addicting this forum can be, but thoroughly enjoy every minute of it. (aside from the seemingly endless stream of acronyms ;D)
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 31, 2011, 08:17:47 PM »
 ;D ;D

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2011, 09:08:46 PM »
Great story! Glad you feel welcome here. Enjoy. :)
Live life like it's the last day!