Author Topic: Purchasing from gift shop...  (Read 3628 times)

clancomyn

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • "Now boys, be good to the tourists!" - Mitch Jayne
    • View Profile
Purchasing from gift shop...
« on: June 01, 2016, 11:57:54 AM »
Question for you SDC experts:

About a month or so ago, I happened to be at SDC with a lady friend and our four kids -- we don't have season passes, but she had guest passes we were able to get on. We happened into the gift shop at Fireman's Landing, and I noted that they had several Coast Guard related toys there. I am a member of the US Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla in Springfield, and anything CG related in terms of kids tends to catch my eye. I wasn't able to buy anything, given my son was with me, but his birthday is next week, and I would like to get him one of the CG toys.

Here's where I'm a cheapskate -- I really don't want to purchase a ticket or season passes to go to the gift shop. Does SDC allow for "off-the-street" purchases or online ordering?

Todd

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Purchasing from gift shop...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 02:37:43 PM »

Sorry, I misread your post and am unable to delete it.  Your best bet would be to call them and ask. 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 02:40:22 PM by Gilligan »

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 03:00:21 PM »
Sent you a message~
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 09:24:18 AM »
A few years ago, I saw something in a shop that I intended to buy, but forgot to do so. When I got home, I called SDC, paid for it over the phone with my credit card, and they shipped it to me! SDC customer service at its finest!!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 11:47:10 AM »
They helped me find something over the phone at the Christmas store when they owned the Grand Village area.  I thought they might be of help to him.

clancomyn

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • "Now boys, be good to the tourists!" - Mitch Jayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 01:49:55 PM »
Thanks to everyone who has replied so far; I think tinmann620 and I have came up with a pretty good plan to get the Coast Guard stuff for my future Coastie.  ;D

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 02:23:15 PM »
At one time, I believe, a person could get a temporary entry to visit a particular shop and then exit - straight in and straight out - but I doubt that's an option any more.  If I'm right, you could also visit Marvel Cave without a ticket to the City.  How they could monitor such a thing is beyond me.

Has anyone any knowledge of this past practice?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Hollwood

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 06:20:49 PM »
Shoppers Pass: Buy a full price ticket from Guest Services and return to Guest Service with your purchase within an hour to receive a full refund.

Cave Ticket: Same as Shoppers Pass however... They will call to the cave, sell you a ticket 15 min prior to the next departure, and you must return within an hour of the departure time. They will refund you the difference between a full price ticket and whatever they are charging for the cave this year.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 07:52:55 PM »
Those people have a lot more willpower than me.  Once inside the City i'd be too tempted by the rides, food, shows, smells, etc there's now way i could leave within an hour!  :D

I'm Your Huckleberry

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 10:07:30 AM »
Those people have a lot more willpower than me.  Once inside the City i'd be too tempted by the rides, food, shows, smells, etc there's now way i could leave within an hour!  :D

;D LOL!!  I couldn't do it either.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 12:03:49 PM »

Well, they'd probably be ok with a quick food stop since you're paying for it ;D