Author Topic: How young is too young for SDC??  (Read 8349 times)

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
How young is too young for SDC??
« on: April 08, 2016, 11:22:14 AM »
Just had my first child--a daughter!  Family usually goes to SDC in June and I'm wondering if a 2 month old is too little!   :-\  Can't miss SDC!!!  ;D  :o
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: How young is too young for SDC??
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 05:55:23 PM »
Congratulations!  I took my son when he was 3 months old.  Of course, I don't think he got much out of it, but it was very easy to be in the park with him.  This was several years ago, but if I had to take a baby again, I'd choose a day with low attendance.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 07:07:49 PM »
Our son was almost 4 months when we took him the first time.  The flooded Mine is a great place to calm them down and put them to sleep since it's dark and cool inside  ;D
I'm Your Huckleberry

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 07:54:21 PM »
Lol for what it's worth I've been going since before I was born.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 10:47:33 PM »
We took our kids in the first months.  There are lots of opportunities for some great pictures.  Make some memories.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 07:39:39 AM »
You can bring a baby of any age probably, but someone needs to stay with them that will be mostly walking and not riding or seeing any shows. You can take them on FM only if they wont cry 1 time in there. They will eventually cry at the time that you most want them not to. So, you cant take them in any show, on the train, or in the cave because people want to hear the show or the guide. Restaurant is also a bad place to take them. Having a crying baby anywhere ruins everybodys day. If they cry, take them to the bathroom PRONTO. Dont ruin everyones day.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 09:25:29 AM »
I don't think that a crying baby ruins everyone's day. Anyone with children will understand that they are going to cry. I think you could do the train with a young child and any outdoor shows. I would maybe stay away from the long indoor shows. I also think that you could go to restaurants with the child because no one expects it to be silent while they are eating.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 10:03:38 AM »
congrats on the little one, yes take them start the memories now.. Baby cries?  handle it accordingly.   Have a great visit.>!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2016, 11:53:36 AM »
Baby cries?  They're more likely to sleep!  It's the older kids who whine, complain, yell, and cry.  That's when it becomes irritating.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2016, 01:43:01 PM »
You can bring a baby of any age probably, but someone needs to stay with them that will be mostly walking and not riding or seeing any shows. You can take them on FM only if they wont cry 1 time in there. They will eventually cry at the time that you most want them not to. So, you cant take them in any show, on the train, or in the cave because people want to hear the show or the guide. Restaurant is also a bad place to take them. Having a crying baby anywhere ruins everybodys day. If they cry, take them to the bathroom PRONTO. Dont ruin everyones day.

::) ::) ::) wow that's all I can say.

Make memories with the kiddos :)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2016, 01:58:00 PM »
I know each person is different with regards to how they do a park.  For me personally I would wait until my kid was old enough to actually enjoy the park and not just "be there" but if it is important to take an infant to the park, please take weather and especially heat into account as they affect infants a lot faster than older children. 

I guess just use common sense. 
SWOOSH

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2016, 07:08:58 PM »
Early June would not be bad. Much later I wouldnt. Heck, I do not want to be there in July myself so... As for the crying, that is an instant eye roll. Babies cry. As parents we deal with it appropriate like. If I hear one cry I dont throw my fork down in a tantrum and have my whole trip ruined. Demand that the infant is removed. Come on. Its those older unsupervised ones you have to look out for.

Congats on the new wee one! Its an exciting time. The babe will get NOTHING out of it but thats okay. Enjoy every moment!! 
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2016, 07:04:46 AM »
I don't think that a crying baby ruins everyone's day. Anyone with children will understand that they are going to cry. I think you could do the train with a young child and any outdoor shows. I would maybe stay away from the long indoor shows. I also think that you could go to restaurants with the child because no one expects it to be silent while they are eating.

No. You cant hear the train robbery with a baby crying. Seriously, it sounds like most of the people on here want to ruin everones day. If the baby cries, it needs something. So you have to take it to the bathroom. Its common sense, common courtesy, and just something you have to do when you have a baby. Dont let them cry it out. If people arent going to be smart, then everyone will leave quickly. Nobody wants to be around a crying baby. Its very annoying.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2016, 08:20:17 AM »
Just because a baby cries doesn't mean that you need to take it to a bathroom.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2016, 08:52:09 AM »

No. You cant hear the train robbery with a baby crying. Seriously, it sounds like most of the people on here want to ruin everones day. If the baby cries, it needs something. So you have to take it to the bathroom. Its common sense, common courtesy, and just something you have to do when you have a baby. Dont let them cry it out. If people arent going to be smart, then everyone will leave quickly. Nobody wants to be around a crying baby. Its very annoying.

Laroy,
I suggest you give up on this discussion, you are waayy outnumbered here.
It is an "age" thing. 
Admit you have been out voted on this topic and move on.  LOL..