Author Topic: New bag check area looks great.  (Read 3038 times)

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
New bag check area looks great.
« on: March 30, 2016, 01:11:00 PM »
I think this area looks wonderful. 
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: New bag check area looks great.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 05:07:41 PM »
that is nice, a week ago they were using folding tables...

I hate to see them go to that much work,  just means that the bag check is NOT going away..  was hoping it was a passing phase.....

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 08:32:19 PM »
Saturday it was folding tables.  Lol!  Are there faster lines for those that don't bring in bags?  It does look much better than the tables.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 06:21:19 AM »
Saturday it was folding tables.  Lol!  Are there faster lines for those that don't bring in bags?  It does look much better than the tables.

No bag?  No Backpack? No check..
I have worn my heavy Leather Duster 2 or 3 times, and they never even looked at me..  LOL.    I can hide an arsenal under that coat!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 08:05:21 AM »
^All this is about psychological deterrent really, which is useless for people crazy enough to actually do anything. They're just weeding out the gun-toting momma's who carry concealed in their purses.

Not that SDC has a lot of choice in the matter, other than loosening their CC policy which I'm not necessarily suggesting they do. Some of this is driven by Missouri legislation, and some of it has to do with covering their asses in case something crazy ever happens. It's just annoying that none of it really matters unless you go full airport style security which is basically impossible.

But to respond to the original comment, yeah it does look decent. They've done a good job on keeping up the overall aesthetic on the new buildings for the past several years. The Culinary School was the only one that's slightly out there.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 08:07:33 AM by shavethewhales »

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 08:16:54 AM »
That is nice. I mean if it has to be done, might as well make it look nice. I dont mind bag check as long as they dont mind a hot mess inside the messenger bag I carry. Seriously, I keep the world in that thing from dry shampoo and waterless soaps to trail mix and beef jerky. So........ya know.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!