Author Topic: New email survey rides and attractions  (Read 4498 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
New email survey rides and attractions
« on: February 26, 2016, 06:33:36 PM »
Got a new email survey from SDC (actually H2R this week). It was about rides and attractions -- what did I do in the past year. Some questions were about did you ride family rides, ride thrill rides, ride kiddie rides, go to music shows, attend festivals, eat at sit-down restaurants, shop, see craft demonstrations, go to Echo Hollow, and more. Then there was a section with questions about options for a new family coaster -- seats may or may not spin, 4 upside down loops, a drop at 70 mph. Also asked if I had purchased season passes within the past 2 years.

Anyone else get this survey?

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: New email survey rides and attractions
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 06:37:18 PM »
I didn't get the survey but, to paraphrase Sheldon Cooper, in what universe is that a family coaster?
I'm Your Huckleberry

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 09:39:19 PM »
Yeah they are being pretty loose with the definition of a "family" coaster. I think it's just so people aren't immediately thrown off by the descriptions of wild coasters.

The two options I saw where:

Family Thrill Coaster - Ride the WORLD’S MOST DARING new coaster.  After launching from 0 to 70 mph, you’ll be flying up and down the hills in a coaster train with seats that spin modestly as you turn upside down 4 times.

Family Thrill Dive Coaster - Take a ride on the TALLEST, FASTEST DIVE coaster in the world! As you make your way to the top of the lift, the train brakes suddenly to suspend you as you look straight down.   The brake releases, and the train “dives” taking you into the hills, where you will turn upside down 4 times.

Anyone else get something else? I'm wondering if this has to do with 2017, or something beyond?

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 10:08:30 PM »
I would guess this is something beyond 2017 because supposedly construction and land clearing has already started for 2017, so you would probably want to know the coaster plans before you start clearing ground.

Also, it seems they didn't think to hard putting together those ride descriptions. "The World's Most Daring coaster" is always used for Outlaw Run and Cedar Point has been saying "Tallest, Fastest Dive coaster" since they announced Valravn.

Neither of these would be a family coaster. If a ride was taller and faster than Valravn it would have to be 200+ feet tall and 70+ mph. I don't think any coasters that go upside down can be considered a "family" coaster.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 10:58:03 PM »
Yeah they are being pretty loose with the definition of a "family" coaster. I think it's just so people aren't immediately thrown off by the descriptions of wild coasters.

The two options I saw where:

Family Thrill Coaster - Ride the WORLD’S MOST DARING new coaster.  After launching from 0 to 70 mph, you’ll be flying up and down the hills in a coaster train with seats that spin modestly as you turn upside down 4 times.

Family Thrill Dive Coaster - Take a ride on the TALLEST, FASTEST DIVE coaster in the world! As you make your way to the top of the lift, the train brakes suddenly to suspend you as you look straight down.   The brake releases, and the train “dives” taking you into the hills, where you will turn upside down 4 times.

Anyone else get something else? I'm wondering if this has to do with 2017, or something beyond?

Gosh, this is easy

One is the Mack spinning car tested on Blue Fire
https://youtu.be/HTBcYF2QjoM

Second is a B&M dive coaster tallest and fastest  for marketing purposes cause it's nothing really new to the scene. Well, it is for Mid America.

However if they went with level of theming as Baron at Efteling I'd be happy. Question is if this is the one. Will I ride SDC's or Efteling's first cause we're going to Efteling as it's between Amsterdam and Colonge/Phantasialand in 2018.

I'd vote for the Mack........no OTSRs!!!!!!!!!!!  And first of it's kind in the states. Would that spell trouble for Power Keg. Hope not, cause no inversions is good too.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 11:06:13 PM by chittlins »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 11:02:36 PM »
Actually if they went with a mining theme for a dive coaster it would fit right in up by Powder Keg
SWOOSH

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 09:51:06 AM »
If what my source says is correct this survey has nothing to do with the 2017 attraction but for 2020. Projections for Branson are strong over the next 5 years so apparently we may see heavy investment in SDC over this period! He said 3 major attractions in 5 years possibly leading to a resort as well. Exciting times!
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!