Author Topic: What will happen to Grand Village Shops  (Read 4362 times)

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
What will happen to Grand Village Shops
« on: January 31, 2016, 05:36:10 AM »
Looks like the Grand Village Shops might get a redo.  The area has been looking a little shabby the last few years but  I really hope that they keep Mels Hard Luck Diner.  Here is the Link.  http://www.bransontrilakesnews.com/news_story/article_374b8110-c6bb-11e5-83b8-cf9defa324dd.html
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: What will happen to Grand Village Shops
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 08:11:24 AM »
Micro Brewery, Small batch distillery, outdoor stage and performance area. Yes, Yes , Yes. Maybe Branson is moving forward in time. Looks like the new mayor is a forward looking individual.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 09:18:46 AM »
OH!  and possible a Time Share Resort... (of course).!!.......

This sounds very promising, hope it works out!

Could be a very busy building season in Branson..

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 07:10:02 PM »
I'm with Runner. All that sounds great!! Getting really excited for Branson this year!! Haven't felt that way in a long long time.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 08:34:01 PM »
My idea of outdoor commercial would be a 400ft. Star Flyer since The Track has the Ferris wheel covered.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 09:36:36 PM »
The Grand Village is one of the few places in Branson that my family has always stopped. We love the quaint feel and layout, and of course the neat shops such as the gigantic christmas store, pottery shop, and that place full of free snack samples. Before the Landing it was basically the only walkable part of Branson. They've had some trouble keeping some of the shops filled due to the older style, niche nature of the floorplans and competition with places like the Landing, but most shops have been there forever so they must do OK.

I'd be upset if they bulldoze the north area, but the south parcel is prime real estate. They have talked on multiple occasions about simply expanding Grand Village down there, but I think they gave up after the Landing. I say they put an anchor attraction there like an aquarium or some kind of unique theatre and tie it in to Grand Village with some refurbishment to the latter.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 08:09:07 AM »
I agree with you shave! We have always stopped at the Grand Village. The architecture, gardens, ect. creates a welcoming aspect that we enjoy. It makes for a great day to just wander around.

I just can't see them bulldozing that, I think/hope the plan is to just expand to the unused parcel.

When you say aquarium, are you wanting a Landry's Owned Aquarium Restaurant, or like a Ripley's Owned Aquarium attraction? I'd like either personally!
You have a great past just ahead of you.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 08:56:01 AM »
I agree with you shave! We have always stopped at the Grand Village. The architecture, gardens, ect. creates a welcoming aspect that we enjoy. It makes for a great day to just wander around.

I just can't see them bulldozing that, I think/hope the plan is to just expand to the unused parcel.

When you say aquarium, are you wanting a Landry's Owned Aquarium Restaurant, or like a Ripley's Owned Aquarium attraction? I'd like either personally!

A want a full blown aquarium, see Landry's Downtown Aquarium in Houston. Although, a better one  than that would be nice.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 08:57:35 AM by chittlins »

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 10:25:03 AM »
^ That's awesome! I looked it up, love that concept.
I have only been to the Laundry's Aquarium in Nashville at Opry Mills <- even that I thought was nice!  :)
You have a great past just ahead of you.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 11:13:16 AM »
^ That's awesome! I looked it up, love that concept.
I have only been to the Laundry's Aquarium in Nashville at Opry Mills <- even that I thought was nice!  :)

They want to expand that :http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/32520-downtown-aquarium-expansion/

Sad, that the article poo poo'd the coaster in the artwork.

Anyhoo, why not incorporate a indoor mini golf course within the aquarium.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 08:01:10 AM »
This article from Branson Tri-Lakes has more details from the P&Z meeting about the project:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_story/article_6a883004-cc3e-11e5-ad30-af7074eea321.html