Author Topic: Looking forward to 2016  (Read 16980 times)

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Looking forward to 2016
« on: December 28, 2015, 09:28:17 AM »
75 days 11 minutes until 2016 opening day! I know 2015 is not over yet but hey I am already planning now! So what are you most looing forward to? Least looking forward to? Anxious to see how something comes out? I know I am looking forward to....

1. Founders Weekend. Curious to see if this is a big deal or just an attempt to draw in a crowd. Hoping to see/hear some great history!
2. That really cool dinner deal they did this year. I just missed it and hope to make it this time.
3. My son is tall enough for Wildfire come this time. Sweet sweet Wildfire.
4. Seeing some good friends that work there.

Is it April yet? That will be the first time I can make it unless my husband surprises me. Hint Hint hubby. Hint. Hint.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

MoOzark

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I raised the Dizzy Dogs from little pups.
    • View Profile
Re: Looking forward to 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 10:13:19 AM »
This is the first I've heard about "Founder's Weekend" and I can't find much on details by searching the internet. Does anyone know what it's all about and what events they have planned?

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 10:33:55 AM »
I want to know what that is, also. 

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 11:33:54 AM »
Here's the link to Founder's Day and more: http://www.silverdollarcity.com/2016

I'm Your Huckleberry

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 01:07:49 PM »
I don't think I had heard of founder's day yet either. That's surprising to me actually. The park had up until recently rebuffed a lot of attempts to celebrate it's own history. I wonder if some of the family members have been balking again and this is a way to help appease them... You wouldn't believe how much of the "old" SDC has been disposed of in just the last three years.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 04:10:58 PM »
I don't think I had heard of founder's day yet either. That's surprising to me actually. The park had up until recently rebuffed a lot of attempts to celebrate it's own history. I wonder if some of the family members have been balking again and this is a way to help appease them... You wouldn't believe how much of the "old" SDC has been disposed of in just the last three years.

A question. Does it seem that the brothers are wanting to take the title as founders of the park when in reality it was their parents who were the founders?

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015, 05:10:51 PM »

A question. Does it seem that the brothers are wanting to take the title as founders of the park when in reality it was their parents who were the founders?

I don't think it sounds like that at all, but they'll likely be there as representatives of their family.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2015, 06:20:59 PM »

I don't think it sounds like that at all, but they'll likely be there as representatives of their family.

Link from the corporate page.

http://www.hfecorp.com/about-us/founders/

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2015, 07:13:52 PM »

Link from the corporate page.

http://www.hfecorp.com/about-us/founders/
I suppose there is a difference between founding SDC and the founding of HFE.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2015, 08:15:08 PM »
I'm not sure where you're getting that from, but in any case Jack and Pete have been around since the beginning. They carry their parent's legacy and vision, and they founded the corporation that SDC evolved into. They don't need to "take" the title from anyone; it fits just fine. I'm sure Founders day will give plenty of homage to Mary and Hugo.

I'm already putting it in my schedule to be there for that weekend. Sounds like it will be a great opportunity for a big SDCFans meetup?

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 08:34:51 AM »
I am at this time planning to be there for at least one of the days. Really looking forward to this weekend. Want to hear more about it though!! It seems to be shrouded in mystery!!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2015, 08:43:01 AM »
I'm already putting it in my schedule to be there for that weekend. Sounds like it will be a great opportunity for a big SDCFans meetup?

that's a great idea, will have to see what you come up with.. 
My fathers estate sale is that Saturday.   
I might drive down late sat for a meet up on sunday..  will have to see how the year progresses and what ideas you all come up with..

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 09:32:04 AM »
Just got the mailer in the mail and the Founders Weekend includes May 6: "The Great Gathering" A new Echo Hollow show and Silver Dollar City Employee Reunion! May 7: Special Celebrations throughout day May8: Midday Worship service.......still some mystery but the Employee Reunion?? Junior??

pitbullguy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 08:45:42 AM »
In 2016 I am looking forward to going to SDC/Branson as a tourist and guest for the first time in 5 years. The Citizen reunion looks interesting.   

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2016, 08:20:02 AM »
I am telling you I am really drudging through winter. So ready for Spring.