Author Topic: 2016 Season Passes  (Read 11695 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Season Passes
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2015, 09:04:07 PM »
We never end up using our BAF passes anyway.

I try to use them, it makes for a fun afternoon when you have guests.  Even if I dont end up using them they aer the reason I buy the seasons pass.
If they pull the BAF I will stop buying the passes and just go on 35 Thursdays once a year.  That would work for me, as time goes on I ride the rides less and less and with the number of years I have been going I need them to add some more stuff to make it a full day park for me. 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2015, 10:31:05 PM »
The rides are only a small part of visiting the park for us. Since we know so many "citizens" we spend most of the day visiting with our friends that we only get to see at the City (unless we all make special plans to meet up outside the City some other time). 

It's not like the passes are expensive anyway
SWOOSH

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2015, 09:02:19 AM »
I will buy the passes (and did) despite the BAFs. Now they are a really good perk and I am so thankful it is offered. Even if they black out dates or have one you have to pay a small fee to get in. Its a very thoughtful thing they do. Imagine all of the free passes floating out there. The amount of cash they loose in free passes alone. No matter what day it is used. If the free pass users are like me they go in with them, take a picnic lunch and buy no extras. Even more money lost. If the PTB are reading this.....THANK YOU for the free tickets. I am able to afford the season passes. My extended family and friends are not so blessed. They get them. I dont understand the complaints. To first offer the season passes at such a great price and then throw in freebies??? Its the if you give a mouse a cookie syndrome. Okay I am running out of steam now. Rant is over. I think. ;)
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Hollwood

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2015, 10:14:56 AM »
How did any theme park sell memberships before FREE tickets... Oh yeah... no one expected it!

misskim

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2015, 07:42:16 PM »
We'll get WW/SDC season passes and the BAF with those cover more time. We haven't had season passes in a few years so this will be fun.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2015, 05:37:43 PM »
I wont buy my passes until the showboat schedule is posted for next year.... 
This  year had to buy the combo pass, in order to get discount Bell tickets to see Casandre".   I don't know which schedule she will be doing yet
Has anyone heard if Janice Martins contract is indeed over this year?
 Did they offer her a renewal?
or have they brought in new talent?

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2015, 08:00:06 AM »
I ordered my SPs Friday the 6th and while they take 7 to 10 business days to arrive, I am impatiently stalking the mailman every day. My mail comes early thankfully. I am also aware I am not able to use them until MARCH!! But it gives me something to look forward to. Anyone else feeling this much anticipation??
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

dubblewide

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2015, 08:03:22 AM »
I would love to see SDC format their season passes like Dollywood.  They are offering this years Christmas season entries for free when you purchase next years season passes...

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2015, 08:25:07 AM »
I would love to see SDC format their season passes like Dollywood.  They are offering this years Christmas season entries for free when you purchase next years season passes...

That's a great idea, I would say starting in the month of December any day but Saturdays.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2015, 01:46:58 PM »
Purchased 2016 passes for the family for the first time and they just arrived today. For the $300 I spent, I must say I was underwhelmed and disappointed to see nothing but cheap paper and very poorly designed materials in my packet. How does a theme park expect a SP holder to sign, carry and use the equivalent of a one or two-day, flimsy paper ticket all season long? Am I missing something? I mean these things look like a $10 ticket to the latest Star Wars film.

At the very least, I expected to have to present these as temporary passes upon our first visit. And to have to show a photo ID every visit? I love that SDC prides itself upon whisking people back to a distant period, but I don't understand the logic in such an archaic system for the people who are frequent visitors. Why would SP holders not receive a plastic card featuring their personal photo? Would this not make the passes far less likely to be damaged or lost? And wouldn't that make sense so as not to require every pass holder to show a photo ID every time they visit?

I love SDC. And in the grand scheme of things, I know I'm bringing up a very trivial point. I'm just thoroughly disappointed to see a clear failure of functionality and attention to detail with their physical season passes.

Again, I'm a first-time SP holder as we live four hours away, so please tell me if I'm missing something here. All that said, does anyone know if these crappy paper "passes" can at least be laminated to make them a little more substantial?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 01:48:23 PM by BackInTime9 »

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2015, 02:25:25 PM »
Purchased 2016 passes for the family for the first time and they just arrived today. For the $300 I spent, I must say I was underwhelmed and disappointed to see nothing but cheap paper and very poorly designed materials in my packet. How does a theme park expect a SP holder to sign, carry and use the equivalent of a one or two-day, flimsy paper ticket all season long? Am I missing something? I mean these things look like a $10 ticket to the latest Star Wars film.

At the very least, I expected to have to present these as temporary passes upon our first visit. And to have to show a photo ID every visit? I love that SDC prides itself upon whisking people back to a distant period, but I don't understand the logic in such an archaic system for the people who are frequent visitors. Why would SP holders not receive a plastic card featuring their personal photo? Would this not make the passes far less likely to be damaged or lost? And wouldn't that make sense so as not to require every pass holder to show a photo ID every time they visit?

I love SDC. And in the grand scheme of things, I know I'm bringing up a very trivial point. I'm just thoroughly disappointed to see a clear failure of functionality and attention to detail with their physical season passes.

Again, I'm a first-time SP holder as we live four hours away, so please tell me if I'm missing something here. All that said, does anyone know if these crappy paper "passes" can at least be laminated to make them a little more substantial?

I know what you mean.  It would be nice to have a card with a photo on it.  We've talked about this before.

That said, I keep my family's passes in my wallet all year long without incident.  I wouldn't advise laminating them; they work fine, but of course I don't get them wet or let them get caught in rock slides either.  I already have our '16s in my wallet as an effort to not forget them on our first visit next year. 
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2015, 02:26:38 PM »
I mean, I see where you're coming from based on current practices at other parks. SDC's system could be updated, but this is the way it's been done for ages now and it used to be done the same way pretty much everywhere else. The new fancy photo passes you get at other parks are a fairly recent innovation, and they have their own issues. Like you said, it's a trivial issue and not one that really needs immediate attention considering how many other challenges they are facing right now. They can be replaced easily at the guest services counter if they get lost or damaged, and it's free for at least the first time.

And no, they can't be laminated or it will mess with the scanner.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2015, 04:13:56 PM »
According to Facebook they have extended the deadline till Jan 8th for the current promotion. Also they are having website and phone ordering problems again this year. I would think a ticketing system upgrade would be in order soon.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2015, 05:46:15 PM »
They will extend the deadline they always do...

NOPE cant laminate them, scanner wont work..  I take the time and put Scotch tape on mine, with just 1 layer over bar code. it works just fine, always scans and helps extend life of the pass....

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2015, 06:33:13 PM »
I've always laminated mine.  I just get the cheap laminating sheets from Wal-Mart and they are pretty thin. 
I've never had a problem getting scanned in.  I even copied my license and placed it on the back of my SP with no worries.  In fact, one of the ticket takers told me it was a good idea.