Author Topic: Could not GIVE away free tickets at front gate..........  (Read 7619 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Could not GIVE away free tickets at front gate..........
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 04:37:46 AM »
I will also be making trips in October, Nov and December with tickets to offer....  will post accordingly.

kurtbach

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 03:05:53 PM »
I'm with mhguy77.  If someone provided me a gift that allowed me to save money on a ticket, I could use that money elsewhere.  If I was with my kids, they would be able to spend a little more on a souvenir to take home.  If it's just the missus and I, we may "splurge" on that unique handcrafted item or even just "pay it forward".

Thanks mhguy77 and sandunerider! I'll keep an eye out for your posts. 

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2015, 03:44:44 PM »
I have given and received free tickets. It's so nice from both ends! However, I understand others being a bit shy in the offer. What with Humana and those good looking page boys (The ones who take your picture for free over by PK) running around. Its hard on a good doer to be nice.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Sdcnut

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2015, 09:19:59 PM »
I had the same problem a few weeks ago. My wife and I had trouble giving them away but only because people had season passes already. There was another couple there that was having the same problem. We all persisted for about 20 min and both found grateful recipients. I'mnot an introvert at all but if i was i wouldnt be an introvert at sdc because I feel like everybody there is my family, it seems like everybody there is so nice. In fact the people we gave our tickets to were some out of towners that came with some locals. The locals told them everybody there was so nice and they thanked us for proving it.   The pride issue is big too though, i've seen that alot doing church outreach things, but Im glad there are still plenty of Americans that want to pay their own way.

jliehr

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2015, 07:51:02 PM »
We had the same experience at the Georgia Aquarium in March, family of 3, our package came with 4 tickets, nobody wanted the extra ticket, even those walking up to the ticket window.

Not theme park, but we were flying for our 10th anniversary to Hawaii last summer, gentlemen in the AA Admiral's club in LA came up to us and offered us his first class seats that he couldn't use because of a last minute business thing. Despite his and our best efforts, unless he physically boarded the plane and then swapped they were unable to let us fly in his seats. Would have been a great upgrade, but we still had a great time.