Author Topic: 10 million dollar family attraction coming near Dixie Stampede  (Read 25273 times)

Hollwood

Re: 10 million dollar family attraction coming near Dixie Stampede
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2015, 09:00:38 PM »
$10 million would buy a wheel the size of CC's old wheel (95 Foot) if it is a true observation wheel (huge light package, climate controlled cabins, fancy entrance). You could buy several of Chance's giant wheels (150-200 feet) for that price, but it would be your standard wheel and would not fair well in the winter months.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2015, 09:55:43 PM »
Don't know if this is a hint or not but someone on the 1branson board who claims to have some inside knowledge says you will get a "lift" out of this new project. Lift was in quotation marks in the 1branson posting.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2015, 11:17:56 PM »
The really fancy enclosed pod Ferris wheels with all the bells and whistles can be insanely expensive, but if you just want a basic wheel with open carriages like what a park would buy then $10 million will go a long ways. It wouldn't be a massive wheel, but I would think you could get something bigger than Frontier City's, for example.

I leaning away from the wheel possibilities though. There are way better sites open for something like that. I'm just trying to think of some sort of stand out ride that could be "first" at something, fall in that price range, and be worth a stand alone ticket.

Perhaps a 4D theater is closer to the answer.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2015, 08:02:36 AM »
The really fancy enclosed pod Ferris wheels with all the bells and whistles can be insanely expensive, but if you just want a basic wheel with open carriages like what a park would buy then $10 million will go a long ways. It wouldn't be a massive wheel, but I would think you could get something bigger than Frontier City's, for example.

I leaning away from the wheel possibilities though. There are way better sites open for something like that. I'm just trying to think of some sort of stand out ride that could be "first" at something, fall in that price range, and be worth a stand alone ticket.

Perhaps a 4D theater is closer to the answer.

And only employ 35 people, I am really hung up on that detail...
A theatre could get by with 35..   
The "wheel", IF stand alone might get by with limited amount of supporting employees...........

Hmmm???   What could it be?

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2015, 10:30:20 AM »
Well, I remember a guitar shaped ferris wheel as part of a proposal of an entertainment district between Opry Mills, The Grand Ole Opry, and Opryland hotel once around the time Herschends and Dolly was talking up a water park/snow park in Nashville. It wasn't overly tall but certainly unique.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2015, 12:02:50 PM »
Why would anyone put up just a basic wheel that you could ride at any park? Does not make sense to me. The bar has been raised on the giant wheel market and I just do not see a basic wheel making a go of it. I think something else is in the works.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2015, 05:40:07 PM »
this was the guitar shaped wheel, yep, unique.

I could see this as part of an independent music hall of fame ;D

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2015, 02:05:10 PM »

That does not look like a wheel to me at all. Just a structure with pods moving around it. I can see why it did not fly beyond the conception phase.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2015, 02:32:55 PM »

That does not look like a wheel to me at all. Just a structure with pods moving around it. I can see why it did not fly beyond the conception phase.

None of it went  beyond anything, combo of recession, flood, and Gaylord changing management of the Hotel. Killed all proposals. If you ever been there, that overall project would have tied the mall and the hotel and opry together. I always has a sad when a proposed coaster isn't built.

Anyhoo.... 10 million and unique.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2015, 09:49:39 AM »
OK!  here is some more fuel to the fire...
Old motel--  which runs back to the north over the road and elbows back to fall creek road for access.  4.22
Nothing has been said about the fact that the company owning the property  (FP Land Aquisiton) also owns the little corner lot on the "NW" corner of that intersection (76/fall creek).. .36 acres
They also own the property on the "NE" Corner, which runs back to the north 1.37 acres..

Total property owned for this project?????   almost 6 acres,,,

And I heard over the weekend that the resort across the road..( owned by Summer Bay Resorts),  Which is getting the new facelift,,    Is "planning",  "considering" putting in a walkway bridge (over) 76 to reach this area... 

Now if that is true...   You have to wonder what type of attraction could that be, and how in the work is 10 million dollars going to be enough money to build anything that interesting.....

Anyone else here that..?

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2015, 01:19:26 PM »
I did hear about the walkway over the intersection but I didnt know if it was true. I dont see a reason for a walkway over the intersection when you can press the button at the light and just walk across...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2015, 04:57:42 PM »
Um... Safety?  Convenience?
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2015, 05:00:21 PM »
I did hear about the walkway over the intersection but I didnt know if it was true. I dont see a reason for a walkway over the intersection when you can press the button at the light and just walk across...

http://youtu.be/g8HD0a6V5Xw
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 05:09:00 PM by chittlins »

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2015, 01:48:52 AM »
The 76/Fall Creek intersection is the location of one of the proposed "gateways" for the Spirit of 76 Project. You can see it at this link, pages 62-63:

http://issuu.com/bnim/docs/branson_final_140731_print_reduced/1?e=1526089/9703672

I don't think whatever this is will be what was proposed, but it could possibly be related in some way?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2015, 07:14:07 AM »
Did a driveby this weekend, Demo continues on this project,, nothing much happening yet.  (or so it seems)

Also demo further east is all done, have safety fence around with gravel brought in to "smooth" up the area.. I didn't see any New building progress yet..  But I only drove by, didn't drive around the block.. The 1 remaining house looks odd sitting there all by itself.