Author Topic: 10 million dollar family attraction coming near Dixie Stampede  (Read 25271 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
10 million dollar family attraction coming near Dixie Stampede
« on: September 04, 2015, 11:07:04 AM »
The Silver Fountain Inn near the Dixie Stampede is being torn down to make way for a new 10 million dollar, first of its kind, family attraction. Supposed to provide 35 new jobs.

Here's some info from Branson Hometown News:

http://www.hometowndailynews.com/2015/09/03/new-family-adventure-attraction-slated-for-branson/

Here's the press release about the project:

http://dehayf5mhw1h7.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/142/2015/09/02152150/NEWS-RELEASE_2015-0902_NewAttractionBranson.pdf

There's a press conference on October 6th. Some folks on the 1branson board say that this is a new HFE project.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: 10 million dollar family attraction coming near Dixie Stampede
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 11:56:32 AM »
VERY interesting. This will go a long ways towards reviving that part of the strip.

I'm not seeing the HFEC connection, and if they are involved I don't understand why they would use a third party media group to hide behind until the announcement. There are absolutely no details made available about who is behind this... However HFEC did just buy out another dinner show attraction in Pigeon Forge a while back.

$10 million is a big investment, but 35 jobs is less than even a large restaurant will create. Weird juxtaposition there...

What if this is something like the Jurassic boat ride in Pigeon Forge?

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 12:04:28 PM »
What if this is something like the Jurassic boat ride in Pigeon Forge?

Let's hope not, the reviews on TripAdvisor are horrible!
You have a great past just ahead of you.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 12:17:34 PM »
Mostly people complain about it being expensive for what it is, which is kinda legitimate, but sometimes people are just too cheap and expect the world for $5. I don't think I'd ever pay to do it again unless they cut the ticket price in half, but the one time I did it I was thoroughly entertained. It's not supposed to be a totally realistic 4D ultra-high quality experience. It's actually kind of a huge joke. I'm sure it's a lot better after a few shots.

In any case though, it would be interesting to see someone have a go at some kind of individual ride-based experience like that. In the city of York in the UK I remember there being a terrific museum, half of which was a suspended powered ride that took you through a recreation of one of the original York settlements. There's a lot of possibilities out there.

Hollwood

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 01:19:40 PM »
Billy Ong, the spokesperson in the article use to work for HFE, his first project was TNT. It will be interesting to see this unfold.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 11:49:19 PM »
will be interesting to see what they are going to do there...   10 Mil?  family orientated?  and only 35 employees?   Yes very interesting...

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 11:32:43 PM »
Im thinking this might be the Hotel/Resort we were expecting.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 08:00:41 AM »
A hotel/resort with only 30 some employees? The number seems small. I am thinking its going to be another The Track or a hands on science museum type deal.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 09:12:49 AM »
Not going to be a hotel of any substance at those numbers.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 07:54:55 AM »

I was looking at the property on google earth while as work yesterday and noted that its very thin and long.
Possibly a stand alone coaster but I am leaning more to a wheel.   It seems the thing that most tourist destinations are putting in.
A wheel would not take a whole lot of employees.  Thoughts?

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2015, 10:21:17 AM »
What's a wheel?

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2015, 11:11:29 AM »
What's a wheel?

A giant Ferris wheel. Like the London Eye. Or the one Orlando is building. Las Vegas just opened one. They seem to be very popular right now. It is a interesting thought.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Eye

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2015, 12:06:58 PM »
^I think the wheel could be a high possibility. Price and number of employees seems right.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2015, 12:45:22 PM »
What's a wheel?

A giant Ferris wheel. Like the London Eye. Or the one Orlando is building. Las Vegas just opened one. They seem to be very popular right now. It is a interesting thought.

Some cities like Edinbrough Scotland are opting for Star Flyers, they can appear very ornamental in design and can have kick but led lighting packages. I've pitched the ideal for one at a repurposed Celebration City with a limited collection of rides to compliment other attractions/activities.

If Branson were to get one,  i had hoped it be like The Island development in Pigeon Forge. For some reason the Grand Palace spot seems to fit the bill for something like that.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2015, 01:10:01 PM »
What's a wheel?

Thanks!  I had no idea.   ;D   That would be very cool!  I'd rather it be somewhere where a lake view would be possible.  Very cool!