Author Topic: Any secrets in SDC? (secret areas, etc.)  (Read 4328 times)

Pyromia

• View Profile
Any secrets in SDC? (secret areas, etc.)
« on: June 14, 2015, 10:03:16 PM »
Hi everyone! I was just wondering if you knew if there was any sort of secret areas, cheaper alternatives to things, etc. If you do, please tell me!  :)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Any secrets in SDC? (secret areas, etc.)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 11:28:11 PM »
Secret areas? Why would their be secret areas in a theme park? Are you asking about lesser known things?

There's the west side of the main square (left side after walking in) that has a bunch of neat stuff like the 1880's log cabin, petting zoo, school house, and church that is all often overlooked. People also tend to forget about the cave as well (enter through the hospitality house that you have to pass through to get to the main square).

As far as discounts go, SDC still lets you pack in your own coolers (see their website for rules and details). You can get free admission for the next day when you arrive after 3pm and pay full price (may not count on certain days, again see the website for details). There are also cheaper 2-day tickets for sale at most Branson hotels and shops.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 07:08:35 PM »
If you looking for cost saving ideas.. 
Where do you stay? We get a great discount at one of the motels on the west side of Branson.. let us know if you want more details about that.

Welcome to the group.

You will find out we have all sorts of useful (?) information..  just ask..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 10:11:09 PM »
...well don't ask everyone on here.  You might get some information that you really didn't want from a few of our members.  lol

SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 08:23:38 PM »
this was discussed in an older thread: http://sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=764.0

I'm Your Huckleberry

MoOzark

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I raised the Dizzy Dogs from little pups.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 09:54:23 PM »
A few weeks ago I finally got a chance to go to SDC, by myself, and just take pictures all day. I was purposefully looking for hidden and abandoned places. I already knew where most of the places were that I was looking for, but I kept finding things I had never noticed before. There are lots of sections of abandoned rides, especially the old Float Trip. There are sections of it that are still the way it was the last day it operated, with props, old signs, and the water still flows through it.

I noticed several old roads and abandoned sheds down in the woods. There are lots of old signs that are hard to see now, because brush and trees have grown in front of them. There are abandoned sides of buildings because something has been built in front of what used to be out in the open. It was amazing that I was continually running across things I didn’t know were there. If you take your time and really look around, the details of SDC are amazing. I took photos for hours, until my battery ran down. I believe I’ll go back and do that again sometime. I certainly didn’t photograph everything.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 06:40:22 PM »
I remember going on the Riverfront Diagonal Shortcut Road many times when I was little. Now, because of RB, they had to put the Tom & Huck's everything u need shop in there and block it, making it a secret Employee road now. Every time I go back there I just think, Man, they really need to do something with this bare area.

The other day I went to the Blacksmith and went around back. I saw there was a platform on a hill, but it was chained off. In the distance I saw it led to a Black Treehouse. It looked black, or burnt, like it had been on fire in the past. Does anybody know what this is? It is not the Treehouse in Midtown. That treehouse is bigger than this one, and i remember going thru it when i was little.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 06:43:20 PM by Laroy »

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 09:29:30 PM »
Hi everyone! I was just wondering if you knew if there was any sort of secret areas, cheaper alternatives to things, etc. If you do, please tell me!  :)

We could tell ya, but then we'd hafta let the Bolens kill ya  :o