Author Topic: SDC to be open until Midnightl Sat, June 6th  (Read 8537 times)

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
Re: SDC to be open until Midnightl Sat, June 6th
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 10:17:35 PM »
I heard quite a few years ago that SDC had an agreement with Branson that they would close early enough so that visitors could go to shows in the evening.  You know, sort of spread the wealth.  It's a reasonable idea.

Pretty sure that was before the days of breakfast shows and 2 PM matinees. When those shows moved in that handshake agreement went out the window. Just what  heard through the grapevine.

And if SDC is open until eight, how many shows are even available for people to go to. By the time they get to their cars and make it to Branson it's already at least 8:15-8:20. Aren't most shows last showings at some time between 7 & 8?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 10:25:22 PM »
Nothing like biting the hand that feeds you.
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 10:42:11 PM »
Nothing like biting the hand that feeds you.

Are you saying Branson 'feeds' Silver Dollar City and that SDC is 'biting' Branson by staying open late? Because I feel like that could be the other way around.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2015, 11:17:50 PM »
I feel that the only thing keeping Branson afloat is SDC.  So it would be Branson shows are biting the hand (SDC) that feeds them by having those matinee and breakfast shows.  They *could* have continued to co-exist but I have a feeling that those days are over and that my prediction of SDC looking out for itself might come sooner than most think
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2015, 07:19:19 AM »
Technically they are open almost to 9 every night with the Echo Hollow Show...

Duelist,, hate to disagree with you... But Echo Hollow starts at park closing usually 6, a few times 7.,  Only time park is open any later is Moonlight Madness, and OTC of course.  and the 3 Midnight days this year....

Echo Hollow show last 90 minutes, When we leave at that time of day, You see Nobody on the way up the hill.   The park (food, rides,shows) all end at 6:00,  that is closing time..

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2015, 11:07:09 AM »
I think we will try to make one of the midnight nights.  Even if tony has to work that day, we can be there by 5:30 and still have 6 1/2 hours to play if the kids can make it that long!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 01:45:41 PM »
I heard quite a few years ago that SDC had an agreement with Branson that they would close early enough so that visitors could go to shows in the evening.  You know, sort of spread the wealth.  It's a reasonable idea.

Pretty sure that was before the days of breakfast shows and 2 PM matinees. When those shows moved in that handshake agreement went out the window. Just what  heard through the grapevine.

And if SDC is open until eight, how many shows are even available for people to go to. By the time they get to their cars and make it to Branson it's already at least 8:15-8:20. Aren't most shows last showings at some time between 7 & 8?

Yup!  I did say it was quite a few years ago.  Many Branson shows are now starting at 7:30 instead of the usual 8:00. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 02:38:52 PM »

Yup!  I did say it was quite a few years ago.  Many Branson shows are now starting at 7:30 instead of the usual 8:00. 

As long as we are 'off" topic...  LOL... 
I was told that the shows in town decided to stagger start times so that  ALL the tourists would not be on the street at 10:00 pm trying to get out of shows., making their way to motel.. :-\

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2015, 02:49:13 PM »

As long as we are 'off" topic...  LOL... 
I was told that the shows in town decided to stagger start times so that  ALL the tourists would not be on the street at 10:00 pm trying to get out of shows., making their way to motel.. :-\

That would be a good idea. Branson isn't the best place to have busy roads even though it happens daily.